Minnesota Black Bear

Mr Nice

Feb 14, 2020
Here is a picture of the one I got in MN last year. It's a great hunt and always fun to watch bears come in, but not as likely to see the numbers one would in a Canadian hunt.

I started buying points again though for the convenience of being only a couple hours away from home!

Good luck!

buckbull

Veteran member
Jun 20, 2011
Any other MN bear hunters on here? This is my first year giving it a go after waiting 5 years to get a tag! Almost more exciting seeing the first bear on camera as it is the first big buck of the year. 4 days till opener!
Good luck!! Are you using a bow or rifle?

youngbuck2

Nov 4, 2016
Minnesota
Here is a picture of the one I got in MN last year. It's a great hunt and always fun to watch bears come in, but not as likely to see the numbers one would in a Canadian hunt.

I started buying points again though for the convenience of being only a couple hours away from home!

Good luck!
View attachment 44575
Thats a dandy! What did that one weigh? Looks to be above the MN average?

youngbuck2

Nov 4, 2016
Minnesota
Looks like we are through the latest heat wave. Curious what the next couple cool nights will do for the activity. Its been pretty slow this last week.

CrimsonArrow

Very Active Member
Feb 21, 2011
Minnesota
I picked up a leftover tag, and immediately had a decent bear hitting a bait on my property. Then the acorns started raining and I haven’t seen him since. I don’t expect much action for another week or two

youngbuck2

Nov 4, 2016
Minnesota
I picked up a leftover tag, and immediately had a decent bear hitting a bait on my property. Then the acorns started raining and I haven’t seen him since. I don’t expect much action for another week or two
I am in the exact same boat.... no activity in a week now. They have started chopping corn so hopefully that will push them back towards the bait. Good luck!

Reactions: CrimsonArrow

CrimsonArrow

Very Active Member
Feb 21, 2011
Minnesota
My bear came back, and I have another one on a different bait. No daylight activity at this point. Having trouble uploading photos, but one is around 200# and the other is 300+

youngbuck2

Nov 4, 2016
Minnesota
My bear came back, and I have another one on a different bait. No daylight activity at this point. Having trouble uploading photos, but one is around 200# and the other is 300+
Thats awesome! Hopefully you can get one in daylight hours!

I havent had activity in 2 weeks now.... Going to keep throwing the fridge at them and see what happens. We have a month to get it done!