Might be part of the problem

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
Been seeing quite a few less deer around.
This picture was taken last week here in central California.
The clock and date stamp is wrong(batteries ugh!)

Ya think! I'd almost be of a mind to add a little corn whiskey to the water and after they drank their fill and passed out, reduce the population a bit!!!

OregonJim

Very Active Member
Feb 19, 2014
Oregon Coast
Really crazy,
A few years back I hunted one of the CA "D" zones right up at the Oregon Border.
Saw four does in 7 days. Saw maybe a thousand cat tracks and least 10 sets of eyes after dark that were obviously cats.
Made a move and saw some bucks that were pushed right down into a campground.
Checked the area only a few hundred yards away from the CG and it was littered with cat tracks.

packer58

Very Active Member
Aug 24, 2011
Loma Rica, Ca.
I'd say you have a serious cat problem !!!! Not surprised you don't have any night pics of deer in that area due to the high cat population. Last summer I looked through hundreds of trail cam pics of deer and other critters including a few cats, out of all the pics there were only THREE of deer after dark. If your not getting many/any night pics of deer it's a good indication of a healthy cat population for sure.

Jrod

Jan 30, 2012
Livermore, CA
They only eat the sick and weak deer in the area, otherwise they just eat mice, sparrows and graze on grasses; we all know that. Look how majestic.
Man this place is a joke