Mfwp - customer service

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
Whats with these people?

They will not answer the phone and they will not call ya back when you leave them your contact info.

Anyone else have issues getting a hold of someone over there?

HighPlainsHunter

Mar 1, 2018
Laramie
They are in crisis mode right now.

Check the first post.
https://www.facebook.com/MontanaFWP/

Due to a host of technical difficulties, many hunters who were trying to purchase nonresident Surplus Elk Combo licenses online were unable to complete their transactions.
Over the next 10 days, Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks will be contacting by email and phone those customers who attempted to purchase this license between 5 and 5:30 a.m. on May 6. Those customers will be given the opportunity to complete the purchase of their Elk Combo license.

FWP will also be addressing its processes for future surplus license sales to ensure a better transaction experience for its customers.

Additionally, FWP will no longer be offering sign-ups on the alternates list for Big Game Combo licenses, however the list for Deer Combo licenses will still be available.

For further information, contact the FWP licensing office at 406-444-2950.

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
Thanks for the reply.

I guess I can cool my jets. I was only trying to get my preference points figured out and I dont need to worry about them for a while. It keeps telling me I dont have an ALS#. I have one for sure.

They have more pressing matters than me right now thats for sure.

HighPlainsHunter

Mar 1, 2018
Laramie
Thanks for the reply.

I guess I can cool my jets. I was only trying to get my preference points figured out and I dont need to worry about them for a while. It keeps telling me I dont have an ALS#. I have one for sure.

They have more pressing matters than me right now thats for sure.
Yes, they essentially have a good sized group of hunters who are extremely upset about what happened on the 6th. Some are going to get tags, some aren't. Even 1 minute can make the difference in this situation. And on top of that does that mean they are going to over issue NR elk tags? Do guys who bought after that time frame still get to keep their tags?

Someone is going to be upset, that is for sure.

Sounds like you can wait this out.