Merry Christmas and plans for 2013/2014!

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
Been doing the Christmas Card thing and thought I'd wish everyone a Merry Christmas. Happy New Years are in the offing too. Notice I said years.... I am in the process of firming up my 2014 Elk hunting plans. I already have a wilderness hunt for Deer in 2013 set up in my old stomping grounds in California with family and friends. Will also hunt elk here in Colo. I have picked an outfitter for a wilderness Elk hunt for 2014 here in Colorado, just trying to decide ML or Rifle. I'm 71 now and need to really keep doing the wilderness hunts as long as I am able to. There is just nothing like them. I've about 30 of them now.

God bless you and good health to all:cool:

tdub24

Veteran member
Dec 15, 2011
Carlin, NV
Thank you sir, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you as well. Here's to you getting 30 more wilderness hunts!!!

AKaviator

Veteran member
Jul 26, 2012
C.C.,
Right back at you! I hope Christmas season is great for you and your family.

It will be exciting to read about your hunting success over the next bunch of seasons, photos too!

Kevin Root

Very Active Member
Jun 22, 2011
San Jose, California
web.me.com
Merry Christmas and Happy new year to all.

Sounds like some good plans so far for you Colorado Cowboy.

I've found it works so much better when I can plan and get things put on my calendar too. Otherwise well for all sorts of reasons....it won't happen. :)

Hoping all in the coming years will have a calendar full of fun adventures and that God blesses all of you with good health, successful hunts and awesome adventure.

xtreme

Very Active Member
Feb 25, 2011
Searcy, Arkansas 72143
Merry Christmas to all and a big Salute to the Cowboy for being 71 and still hunting the wilderness. We will be on Bear Creek for New Years, I will try to keep the noise down. This has been a sad year for my family and Eastmans forum has bee a big help not to mention my trophy mule deer hunt in unit 67, unguided.

tommyp

Jan 11, 2012
Cleburne Texas
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all. Well wishes to all here and thier families. I wish all good health and good luck on upcoming draw hunts for 2013.

SAR

Jun 6, 2012
Weed, CA
CC you’re my hero! I hope I still have my health and the passion to get out there when I’m 71.
With any luck I’ll hunting antelope in WY and elk in CO for 2013.
Merry Christmas and God Bless to all.

HuskyMusky

Veteran member
Nov 29, 2011
IL
mostly points this year...

maybe a MI Black bear hunt with the bow
IL whitetail
maybe IA whitetail

maaaaaybe a CO mule deer hunt, but some things would have to come together

and then if I get luck in some sheep draw, sheep is probably about the only tags I'll actually apply for this year.

basically points or long odds tags this year.

HuntWYODon

Very Active Member
Dec 19, 2011
Kalifornia
I hope everybody has a great Christmas and New year !
CC, you are one of my hero's ! 71 and still kickin' ass ! You give me hope. Still waiting on your book... Good luck on your hunt plans and hunts !

Eberle

Veteran member
Oct 2, 2012
Sasakwa, Oklahoma
Merry Christmas Everyone!

CC, I hope I'm still able to hunt hard at 71! Any advice for the younger guys? Also it is never to early to plan a hunt. I'm planning out to 2018! My oldest son will be 7 this May. He is a very avid little outdoorsman. He will be 12 in 2018 & I'm planing a Wyoming deer hunt for the 15th opener. He will be out of school for fall break that week. (If nothing changes) So I got a while to work out the details.

God Bless,

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
My only advice is stay in shape...makes hiking a lot easier!!! I let myself get outta shape, gained weight and made hiking a lot harder. I'm in better shape now that I was when I was 50 and enjoying hard hunting even more. I work out 4 to 5 times a week.

Timberstalker

Veteran member
Feb 1, 2012
Bend, Or
Merry Christmas to you all, there's a bunch of good folks on this forum. I am looking forward to 2013, I will draw my elk tag for Oregon and plant to see what Idaho has to feer for Mule Deer. I will also start building points in as many states as I can afford.

dihardhunter

Jul 27, 2012
Columbus, OH
www.skinnymoose.com
Hmmm... Starting off the year with Kansas muzzleloader in September, followed by Colorado archery elk, back to Ohio (moving there in march) for rut, try to squeeze in nc rut hunt before thanksgiving, December deer rut in Mississippi bluff country, January rut under Spanish moss covered pecan trees in Alabama. Should be fun!