Mega Millions lottery

Maxhunter

Veteran member
Apr 10, 2011
Wyoming
I know some of you might have purchased tickets. The jackpot is currently at $1 billion. What would you do with the money if you won? I'd probably buy a ranch and go and hunt the other three sheep species for sure. I'd also help my two kids.

Last edited:

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
At my age (79), I'd do some traveling and donate a lot to my favorite charities and leave a bunch for my son. I love the place I live, so I wouldn't be moving that's for sure. I have 2 pretty new vehicles and a new rv all paid for, so no new vehicles. Of course, uncle sam is going to take a bunch too.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
If I won it they would find my dead body when it started to stink up the neighborhood after I had the heart attack....

Otherwise, I would take the cash out of around 700 million, then pay Uncle Sam his 40+% along with the state of Colorado's share. Then take the rest of the 300+ million and just enjoy life. Make my 2 sisters happy and send a $1,000,000 check to my ex wife, why just to tick her off knowing that she would want more. I might send her kids a million each to really tick her off.

Then I would go fishing and hunting for the rest of my life.

dan maule

Very Active Member
Jan 3, 2015
Upper Michigan
There is a ranch for sale south of Ten Sleep Wyoming that I would purchase instantly, after that I would spend the rest of my life giving away the rest of the money. Many worthy places around the world that could use it and it would be really gratifying to change peoples lives and spread the gospel.

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
what would I do????????????? not a damn thing I didn't want to! :D

would give a 100 grand to each of my siblings. make sure my mother was comfortable through her last days .probly set up a foundation dedicated to spreading the word of GOD .

oh and buy a bunch of shit for myself!;)

Reactions: shootbrownelk

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
Ain't that the truth. How nice would it be to find a coffee shop where you can get a cup for a dime with refills. Now that $4 will get you a medium cup with zero refills.
probly won't be long before that 700 million doesn't go very far either think I would buy some land and silver and gold. have a feeling anything on paper is going to soon be worthless.

Reactions: shootbrownelk

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
Late to the party on this one but:

First, I would get a financial adviser and an attorney.

Then, I would throw my cell phone in the trash can.

Then, I would give 10% of the winnings to the Shriner's in Erie PA. ( I owe them )

Then, I would bounce from state to state hunting the best places for everything living off of the interest for the rest of my days.

For the record, even though I am a tightwad, I did buy a ticket, and I didn't win.

Last edited:

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
I like this. I have been a Shriner for over 25 years and donate to the Hospitals every month.
Normally you cant take much of what I say super seriously because I like to joke around so much. Maybe too much at times.

However, the only reason I am walking today is because of the Shriner's.

It was so traumatizing as a kid being in and out of hospital, getting make fun of for leg braces, and walkers, and casts. Kids were brutal. I eventually got over it but I struggled with it into adulthood. To this day I instill in my own step-daughter that words towards kids with disabilities will 100% not be tolerated and god did his best but didnt always make everyone perfect physically. But, he did make good people that were willing to help bridge that gap and those people deserve our respect and admiration.

The workers at the Shriner's hospital treated me with more compassion and kindness than I could ever repay or portray with words to anyone on this planet. How do you repay a person who gives you physical freedom to be able to walk? I owe those people literally everything I have today and more. I will one day leave a sizable chunk of whatever remains of me to them. Truth be told, they deserve it all.

Truly, from the bottom of my heart I thank all of you Shriner's.