Meat processing around Laramie WY

Buckbob

Jan 22, 2018
Michigan
Planning to antelope hunt around Laramie this fall and looking to have a lead on a processor incase we knock a couple over, not much popping up on a google search. Can anyone recommend any processors in that area?

wy-tex

Veteran member
May 2, 2016
SE Wyoming
Unfortunately we do not have a processor in Laramie any more, you will have to go up to Rock River, if open, Medicine Bow or over to Encampment or Cheyenne.
Working to get our new USDA processing facility to take game but he has not stated yet if he will.

You can get dry ice in town at all of our grocery stores, just get some to keep your ice jugs frozen til you put meat in the cooler.

go_deep

Veteran member
Nov 30, 2014
Wyoming
Few choices in Cheyenne also. I had a hog butchered at one of the only options here in Cheyenne, I never had them do another.

Big Chief J

Feb 25, 2016
Texas
I'm no help for information on processors, but do you normally process meat yourself or have a good processor back home?

We quarter them in the field and drive back into town for ice, then keep them iced until we get home.

If we're camping in the area sometimes we don't have to go into town for ice because it gets cold enough at night. We cool the quarters on the tailgate and put it in the ice chest in the morning.

Buckbob

Jan 22, 2018
Michigan
Thanks for the responses everyone. I have coolers and the ability to quarter up and take home, I just preferred to have it processed before I got home if possible. Had my elk processed last year before I headed home and it was convenient.

Hilltop

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2014
Eastern Nebraska
Trails West just east of Rawlins did a nice job for me a few years back. There used to be several good ones in Laramie but the cost of doing business there has exponentially increased. It's a tough town for small businesses.

Reactions: Buckbob

Buckbob

Jan 22, 2018
Michigan
Trails West just east of Rawlins did a nice job for me a few years back. There used to be several good ones in Laramie but the cost of doing business there has exponentially increased. It's a tough town for small businesses.
Thanks, I'll look into them if I get one!