Mathews Halon 32

Catahoula12

Very Active Member
Apr 26, 2013
Colorado, was Az.
Does anyone own and has shot many times their Halon 32? I am currently shooting a Mathews Chill R 70lb set at 63lbs. My question is are there any huge differences? Quieter? I am happy with the Chill R and have been shooting this bow for approx 4 years. I?ve looked at the Halon 32 and held but that?s it. Any opinions or thoughts would be great.. thanks much.

DanPickar

Mar 4, 2014
Wyoming
That's a good question. I shot the Chill R for over a year and really liked it. I shot many animals with and is in my top 3 favorite bows. To get it to shoot perfect bullets I had to put all the pressure of the grip on the heal of my hand; it was a bugger to tune. But once I got it where it needed to be, it was perfect. I really enjoyed carrying the Chill R, super light and sleek.

The Halon is the smoothest, most pleasurable bow to shoot out of dozens of bows I've owned and hunted with. Mathews really nailed it with the Halon. (I didn't see much difference between the Halon and Halon 32). The Halon is heavy and clunky though. Which I don't really mind. Shooting the Halon is night and day difference quieter and hand shock during the shot.

If I were in your shoes, I would go shoot the Halon a dozen times and see if that experience sways you one way or another. I think you'll be pleassntly surprised.

Does anyone own and has shot many times their Halon 32? I am currently shooting a Mathews Chill R 70lb set at 63lbs. My question is are there any huge differences? Quieter? I am happy with the Chill R and have been shooting this bow for approx 4 years. I?ve looked at the Halon 32 and held but that?s it. Any opinions or thoughts would be great.. thanks much.