Major Forum Updates Coming!

Prerylyon

Veteran member
Apr 25, 2016
Cedar Rapids, IA
All,

I'll come right out say this: after a week with the new setup, I miss the simplicity and efficiency of using Tapatalk to access the forum on my Android phone. I didn't have issues posting pics using TT. Things just were easier-finding new threads-posting pics-navigating threads- IMHO using TT on my phone. The handful of pics I posted this past week required me to use a 3rd party app to resize them-I don't remember having to do that with TT-b4 posting them.

I understand change can be PIA for some. I respect the Eastman's very much, and am grateful for the opportunity to participate in this great social media forum for like minded sportspeople. I will not be 'leaving', nor is the meant as a rant-just a candid review of the new system after one week using it. I also understand that I am a guest here and may need to adapt to new software.

I do think I am getting the hang of using the new forum , and with time, some of the operations will be less taxing. One thing I did was use Chrome to set a direct link on my phone to the forum, and that helped.

Regards,

Johnbud

Jan 6, 2018
Wisconsin
That was about 3 years ago on the Q creek ranch in Wyoming. A big herd came over a hill where we were parked. The next few photos were of the south end of all those elk!
I had an antelope tag, of course!
That picture captures the imagination. When I look at it, my mind says BUSTED bigtime. Then I imagined hooves and dirt flying everywhere. It would be fun to see those next pictures. Post 'em up!

Johnbud

Jan 6, 2018
Wisconsin
These are the next successive photos. Plenty of antlers in the bunch!

Wow! Thank you for sharing these pictures. What an extraordinary life experience. Glad that you only had an antelope tag so that you had a camera in your hands rather than a rifle. Hope that someday something like this will happen again for you when you have that elk tag in your pocket!

Reactions: AKaviator

Team Kabob

Very Active Member
May 9, 2014
Missed this post some how! Took a week for me to finally figure out why I couldn’t log in under my mobile app and a pm to Scott. Just glad to be back!

Reactions: Ikeepitcold

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
Without ready through 7 pages, did forum members lose the content that they are/were following? For example, there were several threads I had bookmarked or subscribed to future reference or to follow up later on someone's hunt experience.
Thanks in advance for the answer.
~BC

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
Without ready through 7 pages, did forum members lose the content that they are/were following? For example, there were several threads I had bookmarked or subscribed to future reference or to follow up later on someone's hunt experience.
Thanks in advance for the answer.
~BC
I don’t believe you would have. You should now be getting notifications too when people reply and comment.

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
:cry:Nope, that's not it either. It looks like it is lost. I wish we'd had a notice as I would have downloaded/printed some info for my future records.
It'll take some digging to find some of that stuff as it went back 4-5 years- roughly 75 threads

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
If you can remember what the subjects were you might try doing a few searches on the forum here.

I just did a couple and found what I was actually looking for. You might need to muddle through quite a few post but you also might get lucky.

Have you tried clicking on the Resources link at the top of the page?