Lucky to live in Wy.

walleyed

Feb 22, 2011
Central MN
You guys who live in wy are lucky men. I love Wyoming but just points for me this year in your great state. I hope the winter is kind to you and the wildlife this winter. I am a little worried from what I have read.

Elkoholic307

Banned
Feb 25, 2011
Base of the Bighorns
Yeah, it's been a pretty tough winter. I've seen elk in low areas where I've never seen them before. Life is hard for the deer also right now. I think a lot of our resident herd would be winterkill if they haven't been feeding in our fields. I can't wait for it to warm up!

Elkoholic307

Banned
Feb 25, 2011
Base of the Bighorns
Hahaha, you got it. Basin, better known as 9er country a.k.a. Big Horn County, (I only claim the south end). Or... about 45 minutes from Cody. The elk I was talking about were above Shell. And there are 40-50 mulies that are feeding on our farm til almost high noon. That's unheard of.

jenbickel

Veteran member
Feb 22, 2011
Sheridan, Wyoming
www.facebook.com
ooooo youre a county 9er? eww.. haha just kidding :) i shed hunt a lot over there and i used to ride my dirt bike in basin :) it has been a rough winter, just when i think the snow is going to melt and i can start shed hunting we get another huge storm. oh well, that's wyoming living for ya.. im hoping it makes for an easy shed hunting year since everything is down so low!

WYrider

May 11, 2011
Rozet, WY
9ers have nothing on us CCCSers. Although I did marry a 9er....

Had lunch at elk view this Sunday and elk where still low just out of Dayton. Camper is still up at Bear from snowmobile season. Don't think I will be able to get it untill next month.

elktracker

Feb 24, 2011
Jackson, WY
Went shed hunting near Farson the other day and saw 12 dead mulies within the first 15 minutes of walking around, mostly fawns. I think the winter was pretty tough on the deer.

wyoming_man

Mar 1, 2011
Cowboy Country!!
Finally warming up, although it was 27 this morning. I think the elk are going to drop their fawns on the winter grounds this year. I haven't heard how the herds faired, has anyone else?