Lucked out and drew an Expo Tag

gonhunting247

Veteran member
Jan 21, 2014
Somehow I got lucky and drew the Muzzle loader elk tag for the Wasatch unit. If anyone has any knowledge they'd be willing to share, it would be very appreciated.
I think I have a good start on research already, but have never hunted this unit, so it will be another cool adventure! Please PM me if you'd be willing to share any of your experience.

AKaviator

Veteran member
Jul 26, 2012
Somehow I got lucky and drew the Muzzle loader elk tag for the Wasatch unit. If anyone has any knowledge they'd be willing to share, it would be very appreciated.
I think I have a good start on research already, but have never hunted this unit, so it will be another cool adventure! Please PM me if you'd be willing to share any of your experience.
I don’t know anything about it but that’s Awesome !!

Reactions: gonhunting247

gonhunting247

Veteran member
Jan 21, 2014
No good intel, but congrats! I hope it is a good hunt!
Thanks :), I can't wait to get out there, I know the unit is not what it once was, but just getting an opportunity to get out with my MZ during the rut is really coo!.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
A problem with the Hobble Creek area is access, lots of private up there. You can go to the north on the Squaw Peak Loop road but that is about it unless you hike in from Diamond Fork to the east.

BAKPAKR

May 10, 2018
Congrats on the tag! I went along with my brother on his early rifle hunt there 5 years ago. I think it will be a good hunt.

Reactions: gonhunting247