Looking for a referred blackbear outfitter in Saskatchewan or Alberta?

chasingcoues

Jun 25, 2014
Hey Gang,

We are looking for a first time bear hunt north of the border, it'd be for a group of four. We live in Arizona, this would be our first time going to Canada. I am looking for someone reputable, quality bears, accommodations, and has a proven track record. Have any of you done this hunt before and have someone you can vouch for? We are looking to book for next year.

A few that we have looked at were Wilderness Family Outdoors, SaskAdrenaline, and Mikes Outfitting.

Having a place that offered great fishing really would be a plus.

Thank you so much!

Extractor

Jun 7, 2015
Appleton, Wisconsin
Hunted with DNA outfitters last September with a friend. They are on Waskisue Lake (spelling?), about two hours north of Saskatoon . Top notch outfitters, all active baits, they had about 20 bait sites for 5 hunters. About 30 % color phase, one guy shot a nice chocolate that went 400 on a scale, I shot a black that went 450 on the scale. My friend shot a chocolate , about 275. I saw several other nice bears , blacks and chocolate . We only hunted in the afternoon and evening. Nice accomadations, great food, really nice guides. Dave Archer owns the oufit and also runs deer hunts in November . They border Prince Albert provincial park. Had a great week.

Ikeepitcold

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 22, 2011
Reno Nv
Highly recommend Clayton Royer of Grandslam Hunting Advertures. He is out of Alberta.

They take tons of high quality bears. PM me I have his number if you want it. I haven't hunted with him but I have a good friend that was a guide for him for 8 years and is with him this week helping out.

Extractor

Jun 7, 2015
Appleton, Wisconsin
They have multiple lakes to fish, we went almost every morning, caught northerns and walleye. I have a friend who fishes in the area every summer, he targets red fin lakers. Are you thinking fall or spring hunt?

chasingcoues

Jun 25, 2014
Spring, Mid-May. It sounds like a great outfit. Did you like the accommodations? How many bears were you seeing? I am so scared of us booking with some unreputable outfit and getting hosed, I hear that is really common on the Canada black bear hunts.

chasingcoues

Jun 25, 2014
Thanks Mntnguide. I did look into them. They were in the 5k price range. Slightly higher then I wanted to pay. Also, we have an older gentleman in our group of four, so we don't want to sleep in wall tents.

Extractor

Jun 7, 2015
Appleton, Wisconsin
The accomadations were very nice. Comfortable beds, shower and bathroom. Lounge area with satelite TV. Hard to find a fault with anything. All the hunters were tagged out in 3 days. I think I gained like 7 or 8 pounds. Not like I needed it>

chasingcoues

Jun 25, 2014
Thank you for all the info fellas, I think we have decided to go with Timberlost Outfitters, 2 hours northwest of Saskatoon. The accommodations and fishing options really sealed the deal. Let me know if you've ever heard/hunted with them.

AlbertaAdvantage

Jun 30, 2016
I am an Alberta Black Bear Outfitter with an opening for up to 2 American Black Bear hunters this fall :) Also have an opening for up to 2 Moose hunters.

Give me a call at 1-780-843-5338 for more info :)