Looking for a partner

1shot7mm

Dec 26, 2013
My old hunting partner is more into hunting behind his dogs than chasing elk, so i'm just wondering if anyone out there would like to join up to hunt elk in Wyoming. I have a Wyoming general season elk tag for 2014. If you have a tag and need some company let me know. I have wall tents, stoves, camp equipment, horse equipment, etc. Just have to rent horses and a trailer. I have been hunting in the Hoback Canyon area--Unit #84 and 86, but I am open to hunting other units.

1shot7mm

Dec 26, 2013
I will be hunting the rife season. I was thinking around Oct 11-12th for two weeks if needed.

AT Hiker

Very Active Member
Aug 2, 2012
Tennessee
Im deer hunting the Big Horns and hope to scout some of the general elk units while out there, if you decide to hunt those let me know. Would be cool to meet up with a potential hunting partner.

Cobbhunts

Veteran member
Jan 22, 2014
Kentucky
Crossing fingers on drawing the tag, but I will be deer hunting the extreme southern BHs this fall too. It would be cool to meet some people from this forum out there.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

AT Hiker

Very Active Member
Aug 2, 2012
Tennessee
Crossing fingers on drawing the tag, but I will be deer hunting the extreme southern BHs this fall too. It would be cool to meet some people from this forum out there.

Couple good dinners in Kaycee (actually the only place to eat in the Southern BH). Would be a cool spot to meet a few folks.

Againstthewind

Very Active Member
Mar 25, 2014
Upton, WY
That would be cool to meet some of you guys and I am close to Kaycee, kindof. I am sure I will be around the Big Horns some this fall no matter what we end up with in the draw.

Cobbhunts

Veteran member
Jan 22, 2014
Kentucky
Cool, we will be quiet a ways south of Kaycee, but I wouldn't mind driving up for a break from hunting. We will be around the area just south of where 33mile and BH mtn road meet. Again, hopefully!!

1shot7mm

Dec 26, 2013
AT Hiker & Cobbhunts---There are only 2 gen season units in the Bighorns and only a part of both units are public ground. Most of the BH are LQ units, so unless you are willing to collect 6-8 PPs the BH are probably not a good Gen tag option. If you get a gen season tag and want hunt the western slope around Jackson-Alpine let me know. Thanks for the reply.

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
Would love to get some first hand knowledge of Region H, if you could. My son and I will be there this fall.
Send PM if you want. Thanks.

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
Sorry 1shot. Just logged into the site. I often visit without logging in and missed your post & PM.
I'll be in touch. Thank you.