Live Chat: Wyoming Deer and Antelope!

Guy

Eastmans' Staff
Staff member
Feb 21, 2011
Some quick WY Mule Deer stats for all of you research junkies out there:

Since 2010 WY has dropped 1,135 tags out of the limited quota pool that is a drop of 26%, that's why the points are creeping up each year. The drop was 280 tags and 8% just last year alone.

The general season tags have been dropped by 6,200 nonresident tags since 2010, again a 26% drop. Cut by 6% or 1,200 tags last year alone, keep in mind a lot of this had to do with the changes in Region D.

The success rates in the limited quota areas as a whole, statewide was off by 5% last year (2012). Region G had a five year high success rate in 2012 up over 12% over the five year average.

Just some food for thought.

Good luck to all of you in the draw. -G

Guy

Eastmans' Staff
Staff member
Feb 21, 2011
Thanks for taking the time to come onto the forum and spend some time talking Wyoming fellas'. Good luck to all of ya in the draw don't forget to apply by 5:00 PM on Friday to make sure you get it done in time. I believe WY is extending the app period until Monday but don't count on that alone.

As always, feel free to drop me an email if you have any more questions. I will do my best to help you as much as I can. I do also have a day job though. Take care and good evening!!!

G-

Guy

Eastmans' Staff
Staff member
Feb 21, 2011
What are your thoughts on the eastern units in F that border R? How would access be at that time of year?
Lots and lots of private out there Musket. That is a great whitetail hunt if you can find a place to hunt on. It's mostly farm country though. -G

Musket Man

Veteran member
Jul 20, 2011
colfax, wa
Lots and lots of private out there Musket. That is a great whitetail hunt if you can find a place to hunt on. It's mostly farm country though. -G
Thanks! I must be thinking of a different place. I thought there was a lot of BLM, or there was where ever I am thinking of anyways. lol

NDHunter

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2011
North Dakota
Is Wyoming thinking about eliminating the WY resident general tag? Hopefully those aren't fightin words to WY residents! I'd just be more willing to apply for G and H if every Wyoming resident couldn't hunt there at the same time....

Jpieknik

Mar 10, 2014
I hunted near Newcastle Wyoming in 2009 and 2011 had very good success. We are going out there again this year but trying to figure out which unit would be the best to hunt out of. I heard from a lot of people that the populations are down around the area. I like staying in Newcastle so I want to stay nearby within an hour drive. Do you have any suggestions of good area that might have some herds on it? Thank you