Lightweight Boots

idcwby

Administrator
Jun 23, 2015
Idaho
If you don’t care how long they last Danner Pronghorns are close to tennis shoes. I switched to higher quality boots after wearing out a pair of pronghorns in a season.

ColoradoV

Very Active Member
Oct 4, 2011
I use tennis shoes w low gaiters about 90% of the time or right up to where snow is an issue.

A friend got me using the Solomon speed cross pry 8 or so years ago. You have to get your lower leg strength there but once I do they work.

Have since switched to speed goat gtx by Hoka as with a full camp pack on they handle the weight better. When I need boots I go w the lowa Tibet.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
I'm wearing a pair of Crispi Colorado's, and have a years worth of wear on them and they still look close to new. They are the boots that I took to Africa last year.

But the term lightweight and inexpensive don't go together. If I ever find them on sale again I am going to pick up a second pair just to have on hand.

dan maule

Very Active Member
Jan 3, 2015
Upper Michigan
If you don’t care how long they last Danner Pronghorns are close to tennis shoes. I switched to higher quality boots after wearing out a pair of pronghorns in a season.
Agree with the Danner Pronghorns, they are great for a year or so but I wore out the soles pretty quickly.

sleepingbear

Sep 15, 2011
Carson City
Iam on my fourth season using Underarmour Speed Freak Bozemans, and they outlasted my Danner Pronghorns. i mostly use them for archery season, but where them to work sometimes. I'll be getting another pair.

Last edited:

disabled combat vet

Jul 13, 2019
Pueblo, Colorado
I'm wearing a pair of Crispi Colorado's, and have a years worth of wear on them and they still look close to new. They are the boots that I took to Africa last year.

But the term lightweight and inexpensive don't go together. If I ever find them on sale again I am going to pick up a second pair just to have on hand.
whats the weight

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
The boots that I am wearing are discontinued, they were however replaced by a newer model. I guess so that they can charge more.

I haven't purchased a boot in a actual brick and mortar store in over 40 years. When you live in a area like I do you depend on mail order. I have driven to Grand Junction or the Denver area only to be told that what I am looking for is out of stock, so I go home empty handed.

I don't know if you feel safe buying on the WWW but Camo Fire has sales where they are selling out a business's merchandise. Sometimes at a pretty good deal, but you have to know what you are buying and you need to know what you can purchase that item for elsewhere. They just had a bunch of Crispi boots on the site the other day and it will rotate around again. They have different merchandise every 24 hours starting at 11 pm our time.

TruckerJay

Nov 9, 2022
Danners High Ground are pretty good too if you need more options from them. LOWA Tibet are okay, was a tad bit too narrow for my foot though.
Upd. Per ColoradoV advice going to try Hoka Speedgoats+gators next weekend since local store had a huge sale on Hoka shoes https://rununited.com/hoka/ last week(not a plug or anything, hopefully it's okay to post 'em). Hopefully those are decent :D

Last edited: