Lightweight 1 person tent under $150

Musket Man

Veteran member
Jul 20, 2011
colfax, wa
Check the the www.tarptent.com products out. I have a double rainbow and it's a real light weight setup. Wasn't crazy expensive like some of the other tents. About half the weight of my last tent and way cheaper. For low $200 range you can have a quality tent that will last many seasons.
He has a double rainbow and he is from California!

Sorry man but you left the door wide open and since Im from CA I just couldnt pass that one up HAHA:D

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
Seriously, my next tent after the blue tarp was a Wal Mart special....

Eastmans' Staff Digital Media Coordinator

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
Hey, just trying to make light that you can make a lot of things work....

25contender

Veteran member
Mar 20, 2013
No doubt!! My first tent was a Sears special!! No walmarts around back then and I had to order it. I think it weighed in at ten lbs....LOL
Seriously, my next tent after the blue tarp was a Wal Mart special....

Ikeepitcold

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 22, 2011
Reno Nv
I still use a $30 Sportsman's 2 man tent. Heck it's pretty lite and has kept the down pouring rain and a few feet of snow off me in the past. Nothing wrong with getting what you want to afford. I personally chose to spend bigger money on clothes, packs and other gear then a tent.

JNDEER

Mar 11, 2011
my first tent for backpacking in areas that had zero chance of rain (CA hunting in July) was a Texsport Bivy. The older version had not vestibule and weighed 3lb and fit two people. I still have it and use it today.

the newer version have a vestibule, weigh 4lb. I have no idea how waterproof they are though.

you can pick them up on ebay for $50 then add in a good lightweight tarp for $50 and you would be under budget and good to go.

Elkfitness

Oct 4, 2014
Colorado
If you haven't found anything yet, I have a eureka spitfire 2 that I would send to you if you cover shopping. It was my first backcountry tent, but has been in the closet for several years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk