Leupold Firedot Twil;ight Hunter Illuminated Reticle

Winchester

Veteran member
Mar 27, 2014
Woodland Park, Colorado
I have an older version of the Leupold VX 4.5x14x50. It's a great scope with a plain crosshair. It's a second focal plane scope.
I believe the new version has a ballistic reticle which generally performs much better with a first focal plane scope.
Other than that, I'll bet it's great.

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
I have an older version of the Leupold VX 4.5x14x50. It's a great scope with a plain crosshair. It's a second focal plane scope.
I believe the new version has a ballistic reticle which generally performs much better with a first focal plane scope.
Other than that, I'll bet it's great.
I have 2 of the 4.5 x 14 VXlll's with dot reticles that are absolutely great. This new reticle really intrigues me, especially for low light like early/late in the day.

Reactions: Winchester

Muley bound

Mar 12, 2013
Wisconsin
I put the firedot reticle on my wife’s .308. It’s pretty sweet! I didn’t think it’d make much a difference, but target acquisition is really fast having the firedot. The brightness level is also adjustable according to light conditions. Definitely worth the extra money in my opinion

Reactions: Colorado Cowboy

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
Wife has a vx-6 with the fire dot on her “western gun”. It’s cool and all but she doesn’t use it. I turned it on when I was sighting in the gun one year and it did help with the black crosshairs on the black target.

Honestly, I don’t even know if the battery is in the thing at this point.