Lets see your elk camp

WYrider

May 11, 2011
Rozet, WY
I have been hunting out of a camper the last few years. This year I bought a wall tent and am wanting to hunt out of it. Been a while, I use to hunt out of a tent when I was younger. But mainly I want to know what tricks or must haves you guys have for your camp. Like Cots, pads, tarps, tables, lighting, ..... I have seen boot dryers that stab into the ground and you hang your boots off of them next to the stove. I am wanting to get the bunkbed cots to save room, Good idea? Lets see some pictures of your setup.

DSC07730.jpg

DSC07728.jpg

Bitterroot Bulls

Veteran member
Apr 25, 2011
Montana
Is that a Reliable tent?

My hunting partners and I have several tents inlcuding two Reliables that look just like yours. We also have two Reliable 10X10s with floors. Then there is the old 10X12 we use for tack and feed, and a old secondhand crapper tent. We habe the pole frame like yours for the reliable, but we are going to the full internal frame route next year. I'll see if I can find a pic or two.

My folks have a fully furnished cabin in the area as well that serves as a base camp as well.

Jerry

Feb 21, 2011
Joseph Or
Hunting 315.jpg
This is an Eena tent manufactured in Portland. Sleeps three with no problem with plenty of room for cooking and storage. Sets up in 15 minutes, weughs about 30 pounds with poles. Spot for wood stove if needed.

birdhunter

May 8, 2011
Black Hills, Wy
I have the bunk bed cots and my wife and I feel that they are way more comfy with sleeping pads than my dads fold out dot. They save a ton of room in your tent. We are planning on getting another set for guests. I would suggest a tarp to put over the tent for extra weather protection. Get one that will follow your guylines to the ground so you can use the space underneath for storage also. I will try to get some pics up of our camp.

Zim

Very Active Member
Feb 28, 2011
LaPorte, IN
DSCN3948.jpg

It would be nice if I could get dressed without opening the door. No, I don't have a stove. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

buckykm1

Dec 8, 2011
Vicksburg, MI
Nice camp bucky....I'm jealous!
Thank You.
It is a sweet set up for a base camp, it is a Reliable brand 14' x 16' wall tent, and i have the 11' x 14' addition for it, with 2 guys i just use the tent, with 4 i put the addition on, it has wall to wall carpet, propane heat, full kitchen, Shower, porta potti, and a generator for power, and the 10' Awning in the front makes a nice place to do dishes, and store a few things. it is my home away from home for 2 weeks every year when i come out Elk hunting.

Kevin

Last edited:

floorya

Oct 19, 2011
reno nv.
hunt pics ect 105.jpg
this is our camp in az.the big wall tent is my buddys.the 12x12 grizzly tent is mine
this is our camp in nevada.i set up the ezup as a kitchen.
pics from card 040.jpgpics from card 042.jpg

Montana

Veteran member
Nov 3, 2011
Bitterroot Valley, MT.
Elk.... Though there have been some great animals taken, it is thick country. And bugling is not like the archery season. It was a tough hunt. Hot as heck which I'm sure played a role. The little I know you, I have a feeling as to why you are asking and yes. That would take me back. Nothing incredible but I wasn't looking there either, we tried to stay focused on elk. If you ever have interest let me know.

Montana,

I have often thought about flying in to that strip.

What were you hunting?

Bitterroot Bulls

Veteran member
Apr 25, 2011
Montana
Elk.... Though there have been some great animals taken, it is thick country. And bugling is not like the archery season. It was a tough hunt. Hot as heck which I'm sure played a role. The little I know you, I have a feeling as to why you are asking and yes. That would take me back. Nothing incredible but I wasn't looking there either, we tried to stay focused on elk. If you ever have interest let me know.
Yeah, that was what I was asking about. PM sent.