Lets see who gets the closest GROSS score

Drhorsepower

Veteran member
May 19, 2011
Reno, Nevada, United States
Is he on the ground now with a tape, if not this little game might be pointless. He has a ton of mass with high shovels. He is going to score great! 88 1/8. I take that back if he hasn't been measured

bullbuster

Feb 21, 2011
Soldotna, AK
OK Codes, quit teasing us. I'm taking the "Price Is Right" approach and going with 85 3/8". He's an awesome goat, but I'm going low using the ear length guide. How many Booners are in the man cave besides this and the 83?

Fine Fine here is a kill shot of him. By far the oldest pronghorn I have ever harvested. I could litterally pull the teeth out by hand (what was left of them). There was numerous hunters on him thankfully they were all lazy road hunters. I just backed out and watched the show. Quite entertaining. They would find him....chase him down in a truck but could never catch him. All he would do is do a complete 2 mile 360 loop and end up almost exactly where they first saw him. I had 4 pronghorn spotted that would push Boone and Crockett (I have pics of all 4 if you want). But this guy I nicknamed "Hightower" was the best and most unique. I guessed him between 82-84. He grossed.................................83 7/8. Shouldnt get alot of deductions. So the guesses of 90 inches.......I wish.

bullbuster

Feb 21, 2011
Soldotna, AK
OK Codes, what do I win? :D That buck's a bruiser, and as we all know, field judging goats is rocket science. Having worked behind a gun counter most of my life, I've seen hundreds of 13" and 14" goats that were Booners on the hoof. I'll have my chance to screw up next week in Colorado. Congrats on a beauty, post your other field photos.

Booner

Feb 21, 2011
Nebraska
haha, I was only off 5 inches, NICE. Congrats on another booner! My dad and I went out hunting last weekend for muzzleloader. We had seen a big buck a couple weeks ago we thought would push 80. We found him first thing saturday morning and got a lot better look at him and think he's more like 75-77. I'm glad we took the time to judge him a little better. I think he would have had a lot of ground shrinkage. They are all so different that it makes it so hard to judge them on the hoof. You did very well guessing this bucks score.

Here are a couple more that were next on my hit list

This buck I named Mr Jones (Ed To Tall Jones). I was guessing it would be right at the 80 inch mark. Tall, prolly pushing the 17 inch mark. Good prongs. But weak above the prongs.

This is Curly. Im guessing him right at the 82 to 83 inch mark. Has about everything you want. Has to be close to 15 inches. Good mass above and below cutters. It was hard to decide on which one. But I could just tell by looking at Hightower he was much more mature.