Less Permit Applications?

Rich M

Very Active Member
Oct 16, 2012
I don't apply for a lot of states, just 1 or 2 - both application periods are now and later.

Do you-all think that less folks are even going to apply for hunting this year?

Hilltop

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2014
Eastern Nebraska
Tough to predict right now. I think it will depend how quickly the nationwide restrictions stay in place. The longer this goes, the more likely it will impact the different state draws... and potentially the hunts. I know of some guys who are excited they may draw with fewer points so guessing there is probably quite a few thinking the same thing. I know a couple others who are nervous about being able to hunt due to potential restrictions being still in place.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
The thing that I see is that some states are done with their application period and others are finishing up. There are still a couple that you can still put in for a while but I think that if you were going to put in you have quite likely put in already

go_deep

Veteran member
Nov 30, 2014
Wyoming
My thought is if the smoke starts clearing by the end of next week, probably not going to make a difference.
If this continues for 4+ weeks, absolutely yes.

Reactions: LCH and HuskyMusky

Hilltop

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2014
Eastern Nebraska
Wyoming isn't until the end of May for antelope and mule deer. I know there are some other draws from now until then. Agree go_deep.

D_Dubya

Aug 8, 2012
South Texas
I bet it has some effect on the # of draw applicants, probably will keep some of the more “casual” non residents from applying. I agree with Hilltop that some of the more dedicated hunters might see it as an opportunity and apply for hunts even if they are short a point or two. If it drags out it could make a big difference in the # of non-residents who actually go on an out of state hunt. I would not want to be an outfitter right now!

Yell Co AR Hunter

Very Active Member
Dec 10, 2015
Yell County Arkansas
If people start missing pay checks it will put a big hurt on applications. A lot of people in my area will start missing pay checks starting this week. If it drags on very long I know it will hurt my business as Insurance is important to most but farther down the list than a lot of other things.

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
If people start missing pay checks it will put a big hurt on applications. A lot of people in my area will start missing pay checks starting this week. If it drags on very long I know it will hurt my business as Insurance is important to most but farther down the list than a lot of other things.
Yup, nailed it. We will start missing a lot of paychecks by next week. That is when the fun wears off and people run out of money to buy stuff.

Reactions: Gr8bawana