Lemhi archery Elk? 29-37A

Midwest to Outwest

Apr 17, 2011
Glendale, AZ
Some friends and I are planning to bowhunt Idaho this season. I am interrested in hunting the border of unit 37A and 29 on the Lemhi Range. Was hoping to backpack into the Big Creek and Patterson creek area and hunt high and over to rocky peak or Gunsight peak on the other side of the range if necessary. I've been doing my homework on the area, thought I'd ask the forum crew. Any input on the area, what I might expect to encounter in the area or how to approach it, would be much appreciated.

humbletaxi

Jan 17, 2012
Cottonwood CA
Been up patterson creek several times lots of fourwheeler traffic from both sides about the time you think you are off the beaten path a fourwheeler comes puttin by. I always came in from the 37a side saw some sheep back there never saw any elk but saw some sign. Its kinda dry when you get away from the creek but there are definately a few elk around.

RLJ

Jan 5, 2012
Nampa, ID
It used to be great. Never hunted those specific drainages, but things have definitely turned for the worse, with wolves and pressure. Still elk around, but the trend is definitely down, as shown by the stats.