Last of the Spring Turkey

Slugz

Veteran member
Oct 12, 2014
Woodland Park, Colorado
Now that the big game seasons are over for me the geese run scared until 2019 spring turkey hunting scouting begins.

Tartufata pasta ( black truffle pesto )
Turkey breast with Vegeta ( Croatian spice)
Brussel spouts

IMG-20181126-WA0003.jpg
IMG-20181126-WA0014.jpg

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
You have turkey left over from last spring?????????????????

We usually finish it off even before the season ends and it is usually cooked up and gone within a couple days of it being shot.

But it does look good and should get you into to mood to put in for the draw or get ready for this coming spring.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
I love finding stuff like that.

A few years ago I was rearranging my freezer and came up with a package of elk tenderloins. How they ended up in a package and not being eaten while the elk was still hanging is beyond me but they did. They were a great tasty surprise in the early spring of that year.

Fink

Veteran member
Apr 7, 2011
West Side, MoMo
You have turkey left over from last spring?????????????????

We usually finish it off even before the season ends and it is usually cooked up and gone within a couple days of it being shot.

But it does look good and should get you into to mood to put in for the draw or get ready for this coming spring.
I still have a bunch of turkey left from this spring. Since I started cutting mine up, and vac sealing it in 1 pound increments, I've found it goes much farther. We eat turkey almost once a week, at least once every two weeks, and we're finishing up our turkey about right as the next spring turkey season rolls in.

Wyoming Hart

Very Active Member
Oct 10, 2014
Spring Run, PA
I've got 2 in my fridge now from Thanksgiving morning and Friday. We got 3, but gave 1 away. Trying some new marinades and recipes with these. That looks very tasty Slugz.

Hilltop

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2014
Eastern Nebraska
I still have some left but Nebraska allows us to shoot 3 each in the spring and 4 each in the fall. Since I started making turkey bacon burger, I have to hide it and ration it or it's gone fast. My whole family is crazy about it. I'm down to maybe 4 packages of burger right now.