Landowner tags

HuntinFool

Feb 24, 2011
Utah
Well my grandfather didn't draw anything this year, not even his general season deer (which doesn't sound too uncommon this year). This wouldn't be too much of a problem normally, but he has cancer and he is thinking that this will be his last year to hunt, I hate to admit it, but I think that he is right. He is really depressed that he will not be able to hunt this year. I started thinking and I realized that if everyone in our family pitched in a little money we could maybe buy him a landowner tag. So my question is, are there any landowner tags still available for this year for deer. I know that this isn't going to be cheap, but if any of you guys know of any tags that we could buy that aren't rediculously expensive, I would greatly appreiate it if you let me know. Thanks.

Umpqua Hunter

Veteran member
May 26, 2011
North Umpqua, Oregon
I regularly get emails from Mossback on landowner tags in Utah. Also Carter's Hunter Services (Huntin Fool Magazine) is usually really on top of landowner tags.

If your dad can travel, Colorado would have some tremendous landowner deer tags. There should be some tags available in the $1500 to $4000 range in some good units. There are 10 to 20 units that would be awesome hunts on a third season tag (rut hunts). Another option is the following guy has access to a lot of Colorado landowner tags:

www.landowner-tags-vouchers.com