KUIU Products?

squirrelduster

Apr 26, 2011
Sebastopol, Ca
I have an Icon 3000 pack and a bunch of clothing. Best stuff I have owned. The Chugach rain gear is incredible, super light, and the best rain gear I have ever worn. I was always wet before either from sweat or leaks and never quite sure which was causing me to be wet. All the gear is high quality and well made. The pants are like hunting in pj's. I've never had anything as good before. I had some Sitka stuff but I like the Kuiu better.
Didn't notice before but Kuiu is in Dixon. Run down and take a look. Talk to Jason the owner. Super nice guy.

Last edited:

Maxhunter

Veteran member
Apr 10, 2011
Wyoming
I hunted Mule deer, Elk, Mountain Goat, and Brown bear with this gear and it performed flawlessly. I'm pretty hard on stuff and if it's not quality made it won't last. Mine looks as good as the day I bought it. I have and used the following items;

1. Attack Pants
2. Guide Jacket
3. Chugach Jacket & Pants (Rain Gear)
4. Spindrift Jacket
5. Vest
6. Guide Beanie
7. Merino wool neck gaiter & beanie
8. Gloves
9. Climbing belt

Jason is a great guy and has really set the bar when it comes to hunting clothes. I don't think you'll
be disappointed in KUIU, I'm definitely not.

Last edited:

IL Hntr

Feb 26, 2011
Southern Illinois
I have used all of their clothing but the Chugach rain gear and I love it. I also have the Icon 6000 pack. I really like everything I have used in the KUIU line. It is very comfortable and durable (tough combination). Jason is a great guy and you won't be disappointed.

ID_MW

Apr 17, 2011
Central ID
To add to the quality of the gear, the crew at KUIU backs all thier products with awesome service and a honest warranty. That goes a long way for a company to actually stand behind their product these days. Had a malfunction with a 3000 pack, within a week of them recieving the pack, they had turned it around, got me a new pack, and sent two emails explaining the problem and process. It is a cool feeling knowing that when you spend hard earned money, you are getting what you pay for. I think there are a lot of us who don't have a lot right now, and it's awesome to have a little peace of mind when you do fork it over for new gear. Top flight product.

Rocky2283

Jan 22, 2012
Washington
Great Gear

The gear is great. I didn't purchase the rain gear because after talking to Jason it sounded like it would be too loud to use for spot and stalk through the timber (this is one thing I really like about Kuiu is their great service). I have the 6000 pack and several clothing articles. While I was in NM I wore the pants for almost 10 days in a row even though I had other pants (couple of pairs of Sitka) because the Kuiu pants were better. I will be buying for items this fall.

CoBackcountry

Mar 8, 2011
Castle Rock Co
dont have any cause i cant get it
im on the wait list for the rain gear
also on the wait list for september ha ha
cant wait to try it out and see if its as great as everyone says

pcc2b

May 15, 2011
Nashville, TN
I just sold all of my sitka stuff and upgraded to kuiu for 2 reasons. (1) I have talked with a number of people that have had first hand experience with the gear and had nothing but rave reviews about it. (2) I would much rather support a guy like Jason than Gore Industries. I am looking forward to getting the new gear and cant wait to test it out. I would agree with the comments that you get what you pay for. This is an area that I am not willing to skimp on. Just a heads up that if you are wanting to order something from kuiu, you may be waiting for a while. The demand was way more than what they expected it to be and are trying to catch up. Just be patient, I think it will be worth the wait.

sjsmallfield

Veteran member
Feb 22, 2011
Jackson, CA
I have been looking at the rain gear recently and was curious if anyone knows how it does with stickers. I hunt alot here in CA and the last raingear I bought was Rivers West and it picks up alot of stickers.