Kuiu Icon 7200 test run

Doe Nob

Very Active Member
Feb 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Did 3 days in the back country with the Kuiu 7200. Pack felt good the whole time, very adjustable to fit your body, more pockets than I got to use. We didn't really push the limits of the pack with only a 3 day trek, but the compression options are great. After we had camp set we had to bomb up and down a steep 1000 foot ridge and it was nice to get everything cinched down tight to keep the load stable even with half capacity.

Happy with my purchase, hope to see how it handles a deer back there in a few weeks!

This is compressed without camp stuffed in there also.

Matthoek21

Veteran member
Mar 18, 2011
Peachtree City, GA.
I'm running the same set up this year. Taken it on a couple backpacking/fishing/camping trips in the N. Georgia mountains and think it's gonna work great. Can't wait to try it out on an extended trip and hopefully meat hauling.

Ikeepitcold

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 22, 2011
Reno Nv
I also am using the same. Mt. Goat in sept for 10 days. I've been using it a lot this summer getting into shape and I like it a lot. Very comfortable.

LaHunter

Aug 24, 2012
N.E. LA
I've been running the Icon Pro 5200 for the past 2 years and I have been very happy with it. It's been a solid pack system for me.
IKC, good luck on the goat hunt and take a lot of photos.

sneakypete

Veteran member
Aug 9, 2011
Oakdale Ca.
I went with the 3200 and the fit is great. I've been hiking with 3 gallons of water so far next week I'll add a fourth! Matt, did you buy the meat hauler with your pack?