Kentucky Whitetail

EKYHunter

Dec 31, 2019
Congratulations on a successful hunt. Just curious but what kind of accuracy do you usually get with your slug gun/scope?
The Savage slug guns are as accurate as a rifle. My 20 gauge will shoot 1.5” groups at 100 yards using both Remington and Hornady Ammo. I live in East Kentucky where the terrain can be strip mines with 300 yard shots or wooded mountains and hollows where an 80 yard shot is a long shot. When hunting woods the slug gun is all you need.

DH56

Jan 17, 2014
Northern, Ohio
Nice job and congrats- always wanted to try Kentucky for some whitetails. We have our share of good bucks here in Ohio but Kentucky has really done well over the last several years.

Reactions: EKYHunter

EKYHunter

Dec 31, 2019
Nice job and congrats- always wanted to try Kentucky for some whitetails. We have our share of good bucks here in Ohio but Kentucky has really done well over the last several years.
Thanks man. Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources are some good folks and have done a good job. In Kentucky, you have the chance for a good buck from one end of the state to the other. The one buck rule is great, imo. Lots of hunters will hold out for a good one and don’t care to eat tag soup instead of killing a small buck.

Reactions: DH56

EKYHunter

Dec 31, 2019
They are no slouches with their Elk Program as well.
We have issues with our elk herd I’m afraid. I killed a cow back on 12/28 with my rifle and posted a pic in the elk forum with the elk success pics. All indications are that our herd is down.