Kenton custom turrets for Vortex scope.

TimberJunkie

Feb 13, 2015
Central Point, OR
Hey all. I have a scope that I love. It's a Vortex viper hs. I have been looking into the kenton turrets that Vortex recommends. My scope does not have an exposed turret which makes dialing in the scope for longer shots really hard. The Kenton turret would allow me to shoot out to 700 yards which is all I would ever need. They basically take all my info and custom engrave a turret to fit my elevation knob. Its $100 and seems to work very well as long as I give them good data. However, it's set to one temp, one elevation and same RH. However out to my max range, I cant imagine things would change much.

Does anybody have a Kenton or similar. What's your thoughts?

Thanks

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
Shooters have found that just placing a adjustable turret on top of a scope causes more problems than they help in long distance shooting.

They work for the first little bit and then the scope has a hard time returning to zero or any of the other adjustments that the turret allows.

If you want a scope that you can adjust then I recommend that you purchase a new scope that was intended to be adjusted time and time again.

muleyfool

Jun 7, 2018
Shooters have found that just placing a adjustable turret on top of a scope causes more problems than they help in long distance shooting.

They work for the first little bit and then the scope has a hard time returning to zero or any of the other adjustments that the turret allows.

If you want a scope that you can adjust then I recommend that you purchase a new scope that was intended to be adjusted time and time again.
I totally agree with JimP.
Kenton makes a great product. I have them on 3 NF scopes and their awesome. Ballistic calculations are based on the information that you give for your particular load.
I had some made for an older Leopold VX111 and it didn't turn out so well.