Kauai

idcwby

Administrator
Jun 23, 2015
Idaho
I get to work in Kauai for a few months and was wondering what the hunting is like. From what I have gathered so far goats and pigs are the main ones everyone chases hear. Would love some tips on how to go about hunting them.

Thanks
idcwby

dustin ray

Veteran member
Oct 23, 2011
Alta Loma CA
Most of the pig hunting is done with Dog and knife because of the thick Grass and jungle i have seen them all over the Island make friends with someone that have dogs there not hard to find and money talks as for goats iv seen them in unit A .If you have time to explore you should find something to kill

idcwby

Administrator
Jun 23, 2015
Idaho
We did some exploring yesterday. Seen a lot of tourists. Ran into a group running dogs, but didn’t get the chance to talk to them. Trying to figure out how to get into the E1 and E2 units. They seem to give the most chance at getting something.

idcwby

wa-hunter

Apr 24, 2014
i am headed there in a couple weeks with bows in tow. will give up date when i get back. will be my first time on that island so will be a learning experience for me too.

idcwby

Administrator
Jun 23, 2015
Idaho
Found out you can only hunt weekends and some units Friday to Monday. This will make it more interesting. I did see the Blacktail season is open in E1 & E2 though.

idcwby

wa-hunter

Apr 24, 2014
does anybody have any suggestions on where to freeze a cooler of meat on the island? we have been trying to find a place but are not having much luck. thanks

idcwby

Administrator
Jun 23, 2015
Idaho
I haven?t seen anything like that as I was driving around. Maybe check with one of the fishing outfitters, I would think they would freeze fish before sending it with clients.

idcwby