Kansas Kid in Colorado Heaven, willing to work for advice or guidance

MattDavis

Jan 23, 2016
Colorado Springs
Quick introduction

I grew up in Kansas and loved the outdoors and have dreamed of backpacking into the mountains for the past ten years. Ive just been stationed here at the Air Force Academy and I am now looking to dive into my dream. Ive been enlisted for 10 years and just started on working towards my degree in wildlife management hoping to have my masters when I retire at 20.

What im hoping to gain from this forum is to meet like minded people that are willing to help teach me and point me in the right direction. Im not looking to be a free loader and would like to build friendships, im willing to go out and help you do anything including pack meat out just to learn from you.

Since im behind the eight ball with the point system and my mother has a cabin in Alma im looking to help in OVC in units 37, 371, 28, 45 and 44.

Thanks for anything you are willing to help with.

Slugz

Veteran member
Oct 12, 2014
Woodland Park, Colorado
Welcome Matt. Always room around the fire for another. A sincere thank you for serving (27 year Navy guy here retired). Lots of great people and info here. I can help you with GMU 18 if needed just north of 28. Welcome!