Just a reminder...

HuskyMusky

Veteran member
Nov 29, 2011
IL
Anyone know how many non-res apply for sheep/goat/moose in WA each year?

I wonder how many non-res will give up this year on those 3, or perhaps drop to just 1 application, or none? I can't help but think they don't want non-res applying in WA anymore, more tags for residents. btw this year for those 3 will cost non-res over $300 just in fees to apply!

imo WA really has to increase drawing odds, 1:4,000 is pretty terrible. Requiring tag fees up front might help.

Fish

Jul 8, 2011
WA State
HM,
You can go on line and look at the draw odds for 2011, there posted now. Remember its a random draw for res and non res and Yes the odds are steep to draw tag here. What is the app few for non res sheep and moose? Don't feel too bad, WA doubled the app fees for sheep, goat, and moose along with quality deer and elk, and trippled the tag fees if you should get lucky and draw, for us residents. If I was a non res and had to pick just one species, I'd pick moose. More tags which makes the draw odds just a hair better than the rest. I have 16 sheep and goat points and 14 for moose. We'll see what happens come the end of June when they draw.
Good luck in the draw, you will need it in WA.

Jon Boy

Apr 13, 2011
Billings, MT
Good luck to you guys. I have 4 points for everything that ive gave up on since I moved to MT. Tag price increases, app increases, discovery pass fees etc etc pretty much just priced me out.

ChadH

Nov 22, 2011
Mount Rainier
Yea its getting a little pricey, but its close and its somewhere to hunt. I think as long as I live here I will apply.
YEP! I can't believe it just cost me that much money to buy tags for my son and I as RESIDENTS! Wow, TONS different than the midwest (or even Wyoming for that matter).