Investments - what has served you well?

nirvanaave

Oct 25, 2022
I would love to start investing in real estate, but I need to pay off my own mortgage first. I've always dreamed of paying for a house in one payment, but I'm not sure it's possible for a regular logistician. I'm seriously jealous of anyone who talks about cool math lessons because my school experience didn't give me anything.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rich M

Very Active Member
Oct 16, 2012
sell now. buy it back next year for half the price. hell, I wouldn't be surprised if the housing market prices dropped 75%. in the next year or two. I certainly don't see any reason they wouldn't
I want to agree with you - bought my place in 2000 and watched it quadruple in value up til this year. Funny thing is that it was 8% interest we bought it at, then refinanced at 6% and 3-ish% as able.

Was amazing to see the interest rates fall and housing prices shoot up cause folks were buying based on what they could afford monthly vs what the property was/is actually "worth". Be interesting to see how quickly they reduce the value now that the interest rates are up.

My guess is that we'll see a 25% adjustment and less folks being able to buy. Corporations are buying up the stuff down here and that's what drove the prices up on vacant land.

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
WTF are you jabbering on about? two dollars is to much! besides, I am to bukoo!

Last edited by a moderator:

LeeSikvel

Sep 7, 2022
Investing in real estate can be a great way to build wealth, but taking care of your financial situation first is important.

Last edited:

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
Funny part about being heavily invested in the S&P 500 is that when a person looks at the summary of funds available to them in their 401K plan, the S&P is beating most if not all of the target retirement fund plans available with a MUCH lower expense ratio.

Not only does the S&P produce more of a historical return, it also appears at face value to be more tolerant of fluctuations in the market. Interesting times. Even if things are down ~15% and more.
I knew the filthy rich and powerful of the 500 would get things magically turned around as soon as their investments were moved, and all suspicions had ceased to exist or be questioned.

If only a guy had dumped that spare million, he had in his sock drawer into the S&P500 in March of 2020.

Today, I would be telling you that I told ya so. Instead, I am just now "breaking even". lol

LeeSikvel

Sep 7, 2022
Hey, when it comes to investments, diversification has been my go-to strategy. A mix of stocks, bonds, and real estate has served me well over the years. Plus, getting some expert advice from a Mortgage Broker in Rotherham can be a game-changer when it comes to real estate investments. They've helped me navigate the market effectively.

Last edited: