Introduction....

NeverBetter

Mar 6, 2014
Well I guess I was supposed to start here. My name is Kelly, I am 39 and live in Reno Nv. I work for the State of California now 16 years. I have been hunting all my life. First trip to Wyoming was when I was 15. I have been hunting with dad for Deer in the Lander and Kemmer area for the last 4 years. Durring this time I have aquired 4 points and my dad 2 for antelope. This year we are not putting in for deer. Have to save money for a 40th bday hunt. What we do want to do is put in for antelope. Not exactly sure on the points thing.

I know if we dont draw the first choice we keep our points. if I put in for 93 and 66 do you think I will have a chance on my second choice with special hunt as a party of 2

Umpqua Hunter

Veteran member
May 26, 2011
North Umpqua, Oregon
Welcome to the forum NeverBetter. I used to be a California boy….back in the 80s. :)

You only have a chance on second choice tags where the draw odds were 100% on the first choice draw and tags were left over. You would almost certainly not have a chance for units 93 and 66 since they did not have 100% chance in the first choice rounds last year.

If you are savvy with your 3 points you should draw a very good first choice antelope unit.

Last edited:

Cobbhunts

Veteran member
Jan 22, 2014
Kentucky
Welcome to the forum!!

The only real shot you have for 93 (unless you happened to randomly draw it) would be to apply in the special draw with your 3 PPs.

Unit 66 is almost the same situation, it's not gonna happen as a 2nd choice. It looks like you could possibly draw 66 as a first choice with your 3 PPs though.

Look at the MRS, there are sevearl green chip units you could draw with 3 points, and a couple of blue chip units.

Sorry if I am not much help, I am new to this as well. But going by the MRS and the WY G&F data, what you are wanting to put in for makes it a very long shot of drawing a tag period. Stick around though, I'm sure you'll find your answer here!! Good luck

Musket Man

Veteran member
Jul 20, 2011
colfax, wa
Welcome! You should draw 93 with 3 points in the special draw. It sounds like you know the Kemmerer area some already so it should be a great hunt! My first antelope hunt in WY was 93. As far as 2nd choice you have to go through the random draw (regular or special depending on what draw you are going in) and see what units had tags left after all the first choices were drawn. Points only apply to first choice so you can draw 2nd choice and still get a point. Almost any unit you can draw 2nd choice will have access issues so be sure to do your research on public land and access in them before you apply. Good luck!