Inserting Video's

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
Can we insert Youtube videos into a post now?

I have tried a couple of times and when I preview the thread it shows the video but when I post it to the forum nothing shows up?

I have also noticed that Mr. Ikeepitcold has posted a number of videos in this forum and nothing is there. At least on my end

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
I had a url from a YouTube video.

As I mentioned when I past it into the comments section it will paste and if I preview the post I can see the video. But when I hit Post Reply nothing is shown once it is posted to the forum.

Here is the link that I was posting:

Also I can't see the other videos that Ikeepitcold has posted in the video section. I can see where Slugs has replied to one of them but I get nothing.

Well, it posted that time. The gremlins might be busy here.

I got it to post over in the jocularity thread but it only showed up as a thumbnail. It appears that you need to put a description of it to get it to show up for some reason.

Last edited:

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
I had a url from a YouTube video.

As I mentioned when I past it into the comments section it will paste and if I preview the post I can see the video. But when I hit Post Reply nothing is shown once it is posted to the forum.

Here is the link that I was posting:

Also I can't see the other videos that Ikeepitcold has posted in the video section. I can see where Slugs has replied to one of them but I get nothing.

Well, it posted that time. The gremlins might be busy here.

I got it to post over in the jocularity thread but it only showed up as a thumbnail. It appears that you need to put a description of it to get it to show up for some reason.
Yeah, it posted just fine. I haven't seen any posts where just the code was sitting there.