Inreach Mini

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
I have used the standard version and really like it. Guy and Dan both used it in Tajikistan on the Marco Polo hunt and it performed well. Brandon used it in Alaska on this episode of BTG. A tool worth using for sure.

[video=youtube_share;74LO9g8_VH4]https://youtu.be/74LO9g8_VH4[/video]

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
I have the mini. Can't say much about it as I'm still dealing with the "technically challenged" part of my personality. I carried a SPOT for years, and figured that the mini would be an upgrade. Link it to your smartphone and the texting becomes a lot easier. I have it with me whenever I'm in the bush.

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
I dont have the mini. But I have the "yellow" in-reach. It works as advertised. I only wanted it to send text messages to family. It did just that.

luckynv

Aug 3, 2014
Henderson, Nv
I Have the full size, have used it for years. As Rick said I have mine bluetoothed to my cell phone and text off of it. I set up my plan and do the unlimited texts during season and then deactivate it. I have found that clouds, rain and snow interfere with it also trees, can block it. Steep canyons can also affect it. It may not be instantaneous but the next time you use it it might be. It can be noisy at inopportune times. My wife texts me more than I text her is why I use the unlimited plan. The older model is heavier than the Mini should be. Good luck and God Bless

DRUSS

Very Active Member
Jun 22, 2014
nw oregon
Got a mini last year just to keep wife content and to get messages out to friends and a packer. Worked well. As mentioned above weather does affect its signal. But it did save our group close to 8 miles of hiking , just cause we got a text to another in our group, who was coming in late to the trip

DRUSS

Very Active Member
Jun 22, 2014
nw oregon
I chose the monthly, I think it was similar to a cell phone plan. Except you can activate and close at your convenience. I liked that feature as I dont feel I would use it for 5 months of the year.

25contender

Veteran member
Mar 20, 2013
My buddy has the standard Inreach. It worked very well/ we had no idea the weather in Montana was going to go to crap last week. He received a text from a buddy telling him. Well we came out after seven days and everyone was gone. Weather did go to crap. The weather was supposed to be perfect when we hit the trail. I use a spot and it has been great but I will upgrade for next year. He just activates his for a few months out of the year. It is a minimal cost maybe $30 a month for the 40 text option.

Team Kabob

Very Active Member
May 9, 2014
I bought a mini and it worked great in Alaska! It will be with me on every western hunt from here on out. I’m loaned it to a friend who is doing his first western/elk hunt in a few weeks and he’s been using it before he leaves. Plan to update him on weather too. Even though Garmin gives you basic weather

Ikeepitcold

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 22, 2011
Reno Nv
I have the mini and am using it this year for the first time.

I have had service where I’m at so no reason to is it yet but that’s a good thing.

Reactions: Team Kabob