Info Needed for Canadian

Feb 21, 2011
Edmonton AB.
Hey everyone:

I'm Canadian and our antelope heard is small, and out of province for me. I've been saving up for a hunt out of province and I am wondering if anyone knows of a good outfitter in Idaho or Montana. I can't get the the time to travel must farther south than that.

Any info would be great.

Thanks

go4steelhd

Feb 21, 2011
You should look into going into wyoming for an antelope hunt. I have hunted antelope in WY,ID,MT and was a ride along on a Oregon hunt. Idaho has very low antelope numbers so drawing a tag is hard, It costs $158 for a liscense plus application fee, plus tag fee if drawn. Montana can be fair draw odds and a tag is just over $200 no liscense fee on top of that. There is a good amount of pulic land to go hunt. The trophy quality can be good in most units, but over all herd numbers are way lower than wyoming. Wyoming is a great place for antelope hunting, lots of public, lots of antelope, and if you hunt around there are some real trophys. There is no need for an outfitter here. Are you looking to rifle or bow hunt for one?

Feb 21, 2011
Edmonton AB.
No need for an outfitter? That sounds great to me. I figured as a non American I would be required to use an outfitter. Maybe I'll move my questions to the Wyoming thread.

Mind if I send you a private message with some more, probably simple, questions? I've never hunted the USA at all before.

Duk Dog

Feb 25, 2011
It is actually quite easy to do your own unguided hunt if you are so inclined. We've hunted WY a few times now and every trip has been great. IMO the research and planning is half the fun. Check out the MRS section in the EBJ and EHJ magazines.

Last edited: