Idaho - Unit 78 Moose Pics

grizzly

Dec 3, 2013
UT
My wife was lucky enough to draw the Unit 78 bull moose tag last year and got a B&C bull. The story is in the DIY issue of EHJ this month, but here are some pics of her moose that didn't make the magazine. If anybody else is lucky enough to draw that tag, let me know and I'll help in any way that I can.

PS. Take a look at the harvest stats for moose last year. Unit 78 is pumping out some big bulls right now.

20150721_200457.jpgmoose (4 of 5).jpgmoose (5 of 5).jpg

ivorytip

Veteran member
Mar 24, 2012
SE Idaho
I was banking on the odds game for that unit next year, thanks for messing with that grizzly:) beautiful country back in there!!

Laddy

Nov 19, 2013
Idaho
Did you report that Yukon moose are now in unit 78 to DFG?

:) geez that's a dandy. Congrats to both of you.

grizzly

Dec 3, 2013
UT
Thanks everyone for looking and congrats to the lucky few that get to chase moose this year.

Did you report that Yukon moose are now in unit 78 to DFG? :)
Funny thing about that, he actually was mounted on a Yukon body by the taxidermist (it cost me an extra $200 over a Shiras mount :mad:). The taxidermist said the horns were pretty good, but the body was a true trophy ;)

Take a look at his body size compared to two other bulls that are great trophies in their own right.

20160118_142928.jpg

Attachments

30Hart

Aug 30, 2012
Utah
Ya that's when you know you got a biggin...the taxi says you got to jump up to a Yukon moose form for your shiras! Man that's cool. I'm looking at a big-bodied shiras in Idaho that I think is about 13 years old. I can't wait less than two weeks till the opener.