Idaho proposed season changes

Muley bound

Mar 12, 2013
Wisconsin
Received the email from Idaho Fish and Game on the upcoming season proposals and changes. Submitted my opinions. As a non resident, might not mean a whole hell of a lot. But I at least I have placed my input.

Reactions: kidoggy

Calbuck

Feb 7, 2013
Northeastern California
I actually voiced my opinions when I called in my harvest report..the changes they are proposing are exactly along the lines of what I expressed. Non-res by the way..they seem to be listening. The cuts in tag numbers aren't pleasant from an opportunity standpoint, but I'm glad they are proposing that as the deer herds need some TLC.

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
I actually voiced my opinions when I called in my harvest report..the changes they are proposing are exactly along the lines of what I expressed. Non-res by the way..they seem to be listening. The cuts in tag numbers aren't pleasant from an opportunity standpoint, but I'm glad they are proposing that as the deer herds need some TLC.
glad to hear they are paying attention to a hunter for a change instead of just the crybaby ranchers who deny access but are always in line for help from the government tits..

the cuts are needed in the areas I hunt. management the past several years has been idiotic. no foresight and all about the benjamins in the short term. glad to see they are finally attempting to remove their heads from their posteriors.
pity the herds had to be decimated before they woke up.

Last edited:
Reactions: Calbuck

Calbuck

Feb 7, 2013
Northeastern California
I know it wasn't just me but the proposals made in the unit I hunt were directly reflective of my thoughts shared with F n G..I talked to some other hunters during the season who felt the same as me. We left there and went to our preferred draw unit to see what we could see. Literally devoid of life where we used to see deer all the time. They have made tag cut proposals and antler less tag cuts/elimination proposals in that unit as well.