Idaho deer, elk, antelope draw results!

Hoochie, there should not be any problem with that. I have had that tag a couple of time and was trying to get it again this year. I feel the key to that tag is to HUNT the 1st 10 days of that tag before the general season 2-pt./doe fiasco begins with all the Treasure Valley "Less than" elite bowhunters show up out there. Go scout now and keep an eye on the bucks. A friend went out last weekend and saw 13 bucks in a group all good velvet growth and starting their 4th's and some with more points.

hoochiemama

Mar 11, 2011
Ive had a chance to get out scouting twice, and im finding alot of does with 2 & 3 fawns... Looks like the big boys have been productive I guess. Anyway i found that a spotting scope is gonna be the key in unit 40 for sure. Any tips on where to go? Ive been up reynolds, and part way up silver city rd. Also im looking to video mine or anybody elses hunts. Call me crazy but I love this ?#@%

wolftalonID

Very Active Member
Mar 10, 2011
Idaho
In years past Silver City road, up nearer the city has not produced much deer. They are there, but so thin. The only way I have known them to be there is tracks, as I have never seen one in person in that area. I worked for BLM for a while and spent a lot of time in that area....saw lots of cows...like cow cows and tracks of deer. We used to joke about the ghost deer that roamed the hills leaving tracks.

I have been told that if you set up a trail cam near some of the water holes, you can pattern the deer better up there. Most are nocturnal most of the year up there.

hoochiemama

Mar 11, 2011
Thanks wolf,Im putting trail cams out next week, Ive been told where you find water now, may not be there when the hunt starts. Your spot on about the cow cows though, and im sure the moultrie will be loaded with cow pics. Anywhere in that unit. Ill post the ones with head gear so you can see the ghost....HOPEFULLY!

jwix

Mar 10, 2011
Idaho
I drew the late season Unit 40 tag, I live up North but plan on getting down there to look the country over pretty soon. I have a buddy in Boise who has hunted this Unit a few times, so he will be a big help.