I want a new smoker

nv-hunter

Veteran member
Feb 28, 2011
Reno
what smoker is everyone using on here? I have a big Louisiana grill pellet smoker and a little electric masterbuilt vertical smoker but wanting to upgrade to a Pit Boss or Louisiana Grill vertical that can do 2 briskets at a time plus a couple pork buts

Fink

Veteran member
Apr 7, 2011
West Side, MoMo
I switched to a traeger a few months back, and I do love it, everything I’ve smoked on it has been outstanding, right down to bratwurst and Italian sausages.

but......... for big, hearty, fatty slabs of red meat, like a brisket, much like there’s no replacement for displacement, you just can’t replicate big chunks of hardwood for smoking.
It’s not very big, and would just barely meet your needs of doing two whole packers at once, but the biggest Weber Smokey Mountain would fit the bill. I loved mine, still pretty sad I got rid of it. It kept an even temp, didn’t use a ton of fuel, and cooked evenly. My sliced brisket and burnt ends always turned out perfect on it.

Fink

Veteran member
Apr 7, 2011
West Side, MoMo
Oops, just reread your post. The WSM is not big enough to do 2 briskets and multiple pork butts. But it’s still a kickass little smoker.

Team Kabob

Very Active Member
May 9, 2014
I don’t know what you want to spend but my coworkers has a Yoder 640 and it will smoke and sear on the same grill. Made in Kansas and $$$. Cousin has a Blaz’n grill “iron work” also $$$. I have two Big green eggs so no personal experience. But have ate great food off the Yoder and my cousin talks big about his iron works

nv-hunter

Veteran member
Feb 28, 2011
Reno
Reactions: ScottR