Hunting In Europe

go_deep

Veteran member
Nov 30, 2014
Wyoming
Looks like some great days hunting! How does all those critters taste? What's your favorite game animal to eat that you've shot over there?

English

Feb 23, 2019
Looks like some great days hunting! How does all those critters taste? What's your favorite game animal to eat that you've shot over there?
They all taste great, though you need hang them for a couple of weeks if you shoot a fallow buck or red stag in the rut. Muntjac and Chinese Water deer are the best of the bunch though.

go_deep

Veteran member
Nov 30, 2014
Wyoming
They all taste great, though you need hang them for a couple of weeks if you shoot a fallow buck or red stag in the rut. Muntjac and Chinese Water deer are the best of the bunch though.
Very nice, always wanted to spend a month or two in western Europe visiting WW II memorial sites, but I might want to keep hunting in mind if I ever go!

conibear

Oct 15, 2017
Muntjac is amazing! Love the pics thank you for sharing. Even more cool seeing solid colour clothing and a wood-stocked rifle. I can only imagine how fun it would be to wake up early, have a fry-up, then go listen to hunting horns while wild boars haul their hams through the wood.

I've read of hanging pheasants to cure (guts-in) for days, interesting to learn other culture's hunting traditions.

Fink

Veteran member
Apr 7, 2011
West Side, MoMo
Great pics! Welcome to the forum! Those are some neat animals. I always find it interesting that as different as we all are, from the animals we hunt, to our traditions hunting them, we're really all pretty similar.

I've read of hanging pheasants to cure (guts-in) for days, interesting to learn other culture's hunting traditions.
Conibear- Nearly all my late season mallards get hung, guts in, for a day or two before cleaning. I think they taste better. Would love to do it with teal, wood ducks and other early season ducks, as I like eating them the best, but temps really don't allow.