How should I attach my Rangefinder to my Sitka Bino Bivy?

CODAK

Aug 8, 2016
Johnstown, CO
Take your bottom velcro strap and wrap it figure 8 style, thru the black side strap on your bivy and thru your ranger case. I do this with my Vortex Ranger and it has worked like a charm (make sure it is tight!), no issues. I even will loop my ranger strap through once so I will never lose my Ranger! Let me know if this makes sense...

7shot

Mar 26, 2015
Idaho
I like the one from Cherry Hill, http://www.cherryhilloutdoors.com/new_pages/tips.htm

They run 15$ and it is secure, quiet, easy to get to and it fits nicely on the right side of my Sitka Bino Bivy. there is a black plastic strap on the side of the Bivy. I just open the clip jaws inside that strap and then close it and you are done. To use this system you have to be willing to stick the part on your rangefinder that is permanent. It holds super well but it is not a bad idea to get a second one in case you have an issue. I have never needed it only when I needed to change rangefinders. Let me know if you have any questions. There are photos on their web site of how it works. Be sure to mount it upside down so when you reach for it, your finger is on the ranging button. I have nothing to do with the company, just impressed to get a solid built product for $15. I have used mine for 4 years.

wa-hunter

Apr 24, 2014
i use the Crooked Horn Sidekick Rangefinder Holster on my sitka bivi and it has worked great for me so far.

Bughalli

Jan 15, 2012
I have the FHF and crooked horn, both attaching to the chest strap. Both are great. It really comes down to what rangefinder you have....slight differences in fit. The FHF has a lid/flap, which is nice if you expect weather.