How much rain has the Laramie area had lately?

Kevin W

Jan 26, 2013
How much rain has the Laramie area had lately? We're headed that way in a week or so and am wondering if the rains that have been so bad in Colorado has effected the Laramie area at all. Thanks in advance!!!

shootbrownelk

Veteran member
Apr 11, 2011
Wyoming
How much rain has the Laramie area had lately? We're headed that way in a week or so and am wondering if the rains that have been so bad in Colorado has effected the Laramie area at all. Thanks in advance!!!
I don't know about Laramie, but we're expecting snow in the mountains & foothills across central & northern Wyoming tonight.6"-12" in some areas.

EBOLAVIRS

Aug 21, 2011
Was there last week, rained SAT, SUN, MON. Rain was off and on Sat and Mon but Sun was heavy thunderstorm like rain and pretty consistent. Can't say how if affected the roads as we were done before the rain got there. Things dry out fast round there so that is good.

AT Hiker

Very Active Member
Aug 2, 2012
Tennessee
I talked with a local just last night, she said they are expecting some moisture in the next few days. She also said it was still fairly green out there (antelope area 45) and the goats are better than normal this year. She is off Hwy 130 west of Laramie.

shootbrownelk

Veteran member
Apr 11, 2011
Wyoming
Amending my previous post, we have snow on the ground this morning. Looks like a couple of inches on my picnic table. And the trees are still leafed-out and sagging, it's wet & heavy snow and it's still coming down. So much for the local weatherman's accuracy.

HiMtnHnter

Sep 28, 2012
Wyoming
It's been very wet this year. If you're talking about damage and closures due to flooding then there really hasn't been any. If you are coming to hunt, I'd plan on getting wet, as that has been the trend the last few months.

Kevin W

Jan 26, 2013
It's been very wet this year. If you're talking about damage and closures due to flooding then there really hasn't been any. If you are coming to hunt, I'd plan on getting wet, as that has been the trend the last few months.
Yep, that's the info I needed. Thanks!!!