How many activities, sports, etc... do you participate in?

HuskyMusky

Veteran member
Nov 29, 2011
IL
I once heard a wise* man state that one could only have 2 hobbies at a given time...

currently I have 3* and it's a bear! climbing, ice hockey, & running! add to that, life, social obligations, friends, and rest!? and the days quickly fill up/run out. Oh and hunting! although lately it's been just applying for future tags...

I pretty much enjoy all sports activities that are active and or outdoors, so I could add another 20 to the list! ha. but actually trying to improve at the above 3 mostly.

I'm also battling, am I just getting old vs. I'm just out of shape and getting back in shape!? ha.

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
I am retired and do have plenty of time to indulge myself in my hobbies. I am a competitive shooter. I run and participate in a Bulls Eye Pistol League, I am a Cowboy Action Shooter (I've shot in the US Nationals & World Championships and am Colorado State Campion in my category), I shoot trap in addition to hunting and fishing. I am going to be 77 next month and my advancing age has caused me to give up several other hobbies namely senior men's slow pitch softball and 1000 yard BP SS Buffalo Rifle competition.

I do believe in keeping busy. I've been retired over 18 years and have never had a boring moment. When I retired at 58, everyone told me I was too young and I would be bored within 6 months. Not a chance!!!

Last edited:

7mag

Sep 1, 2014
Wyoming
Hunting fishing and snowmobiling for me. I bought a new snowmobile this month so im hoping for another record snowfall in the high country this year!

LCH

Very Active Member
Jun 28, 2015
Southern Indiana
If I could hunt year-round, I think that's the only activity I'd engage in on my own accord. I do enjoy hiking, camping, fishing, etc. also, but that's really just to get myself in the outdoors when hunting seasons aren't in. Those are also great ways to get the family outdoors in more relaxed and more comfortable conditions.

Reality is though, with a young family, most of December-September is filled with roller-skating, bowling, movie theaters, swimming, shopping trips (my wife loves antique stores), playgrounds, amusement parks, zoos, bike riding, and all the other stuff kids and women like to do. Things that I'd never go do by myself, but seeing their enjoyment makes it fun for me too.

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
My career takes a lot of my time. Bu I was a nationally ranked powerlifter for nearly 20 years as well as a state level bodybuilder for a few years. I now concentrate my time on hunting and working out to stay in shape between family activities.

tim

Veteran member
Jun 4, 2011
north idaho
Hunting fishing and snowmobiling for me. I bought a new snowmobile this month so im hoping for another record snowfall in the high country this year!

what did you get my 850 is waiting patiently?

mountain biking, whitewater, hunting and snowmobiling, basically rivers to ridgetops 365
another way of saying it is. I am a human powered sports person whose favorite acitivy is snowmobiling.

7mag

Sep 1, 2014
Wyoming
2018 Pro 155. It sucks buying a sled in 90 degree weather but couldnt pass up the rebates on the holdovers! It should be quite the change from a 2006 summit!20180907_113356.jpg

zpooch

Very Active Member
Aug 11, 2016
Wyoming
Skiing, hunting, mountain biking, dirt biking, hiking, motorcycle trips. My wife says i have too many hobbies. I can see her point. If I widdled it down I'd save money and probably be better at the hobbies that remained. Currently I'm mediocre at everything

dirtclod Az.

Veteran member
Jan 26, 2018
Arizona
Used to play Slow pitch softball and Thanksgiving Turkey bowl.Now it's 12oz curls and bbq.And I can still outplay all you all in soccer!:cool:

7mag

Sep 1, 2014
Wyoming
Skiing, hunting, mountain biking, dirt biking, hiking, motorcycle trips. My wife says i have too many hobbies. I can see her point. If I widdled it down I'd save money and probably be better at the hobbies that remained. Currently I'm mediocre at everything
My wife says i have too many hobbies too. After i break everything down just for fishing that includes tying my own flies, fly fishing, jigging for walleye, tying my own worm harnesses, trolling for walleye, river fishing, building my own fishing poles, ice fishing, bobber and worm fishing with the kids and I discovered paddlefishing last year. She thinks its too much fishing but i dont think there is too much fishing.

missjordan

Veteran member
Dec 9, 2014
Missoula, MT
Long range shooting, mountain biking, and also off roading are sports that we participate in. I love getting out in the hills during the warm months and exploring new country

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7mag

Sep 1, 2014
Wyoming
Fishin is livin'.Does she participate?Only thing that beats fishing is slow walkin' through the tall pines.(ELK):cool:
Everybody partcicipates in all of it except building poles. My 2 year old son can cast a bobber about 20 feet and my 5 year old daughter can cast pretty dang far and started tying flies with me this spring. My wife likes to read until i find out what they are biting on then jumps right in. Hunting is usually a family activity too unless im headed into the high country or if grizzlys are common in the area. My daughter is actually playing hookey monday and tuesday to go elk hunting with me and my mom. We are trying to make as many good memories as i can as a whole family and doing a pretty good job!

hunter25

Very Active Member
Sep 8, 2016
Glenwood Springs, Colorado
Hunt, fish and work. Work barely pays for the first 2. Not enough left for anything else. Lol

This year's been epic. Fished n hunted Puerto Rico, hunted alaska, hunted utah, October at home in colorado. Texas in November. I'll never be able to fund that much in a year again. Cashed out some retirement while I'm still young enough to go hard. Payed for my kids n grandson also.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
Hunt and Fish and Work mostly.

I reload shells and do a lot of tinkering around the workshop too.

Shoot a fair amount of Sporting Clays in the summer to pass the time.

Do a fair amount of shooting with my pistols as well. Never entered a competition for any of it though.

I used to play a lot of Racquetball. Not so much anymore.

Daubs

Aug 5, 2016
Nebraska
Hunt, fish, work-out/exercise, ATV trips with the wife, photography business on the side, and kids sports.

My daughters were heavily involved in softball and basketball, and I became the "unofficial" picture guy of the teams. When they were in high school, a friend of the team got me a press pass, meaning I had permission to be on the field/court for high school events. Her HS Coaches were very receptive and gave me unlimited access to field, dugout, huddles, etc.

Very cool! Got great pictures and video, and got to be right there!

When daughter's HS basketball team played in Pinnacle Bank Arena for the state championship, I was sitting under the basket, taking pictures! Great to be right there as they won the title! Same situation for state softball...I was right there as they won the State Softball title!

Now that both daughters have graduated HS and on to college, I'm re-focusing my attention to building the photography business, and of course, hunting more.