Horn Hunter full curl

Shawn

Feb 23, 2011
Tucson
I am thinking about getting the horn hunter full curl and was wondering if anybody has it and pros cons to it. I have Horn Hunter main beam XL and love it. Just want something bigger.

Big Sky

Apr 6, 2011
Bozeman Mt.
I thought that it looked like a very good pack. I probaly would have bought one if my cousin didnt start working at Mystery Ranch.

Montana

Veteran member
Nov 3, 2011
Bitterroot Valley, MT.
I am thinking about getting the horn hunter full curl and was wondering if anybody has it and pros cons to it. I have Horn Hunter main beam XL and love it. Just want something bigger.
If you get it... Let me know. It's on my hit list. Full Curl, Crew Cab, or Kuiu 3000. I'm going to NZ in April, so my purchase will be right around the corner. I"ll let you know too if I spring first.

Muleys 24/7

Veteran member
Jan 12, 2012
The Golden State
Looks like a nice pack but , I'd want one with more room..... Like around 7000 ci for a spike camp. But if your going for a day pack it looks good.

Edit: I just watched the review on youtube. There is another 5000ci bag that straps on as well.
Over all seems like a good pack

Last edited:

Morrison4375

Feb 21, 2011
Springfield OR
I have the curl combo which is the frame with daypack attachment and i love it the frame can pack as much meat you can carry very comfortable with a load that metal frame helps with that alot and it works sweet as a daypack and you can buy the big bag attachment for bivy hunts then when you get to your spike camp you can disassemble it and hunt just the frame or pack and frame and the little daypack has shoulder straps as well bottom line its a sweet pack very versatile can pack a ton of weight lifetime warranty you cant ask for a better pack. I dont know why hornhunter does not get as much press as badlands and eberlestock.

dcestnik

Aug 31, 2011
The combo is perfect for bivy hunts when you need a pack that you can hunt with and that can haul meat out. Pretty versatile from day pack to bivy pack to load hauler to meat hauler. For durability I put a coworker on the load shelf and all stitches held. Also made in USA

Morrison4375

Feb 21, 2011
Springfield OR
I would say yes it is the best bang for the buck what sets it apart is the ability to add or take off the little daypack and big bag to whatever situation you are hunting in BTW check out the review the tines up guys did on you tube on the pack really well done

Montana

Veteran member
Nov 3, 2011
Bitterroot Valley, MT.
I would say yes it is the best bang for the buck what sets it apart is the ability to add or take off the little daypack and big bag to whatever situation you are hunting in BTW check out the review the tines up guys did on you tube on the pack really well done
Nice tip... Pretty impressive. I feel like a broken record but how does it do hauling 50 plus pounds? And how is the breatheability?

shanehamblin

Apr 9, 2011
I am looking into getting one myself and I just read a review on another forum. The guy took a bunch of pictures and documented his 7 day back country hunt and said at any given time he was packing 30-80 pounds very comfortably. Cant find now which forum it was on I just googled reviews on the horn hunter full curl. I will be my next pack as I am planning a back country hunt myself and need something like this my only thought is I am a small guy(5'9" 140lbs.) I hope the frame fits me comfortably. Or wish I had the money to get a mystery ranch that is built to ur specific size.

Shawn

Feb 23, 2011
Tucson
Thanks! This will be my next pack! I don't know why Hornhunter don't get the press either. I had 80 pounds on the pack out on my backpack Coues hunt last October with my main beam XL and the pack did great. Just want something bigger, had stuff strapped all over the outside.

Montana

Veteran member
Nov 3, 2011
Bitterroot Valley, MT.
I am looking into getting one myself and I just read a review on another forum. The guy took a bunch of pictures and documented his 7 day back country hunt and said at any given time he was packing 30-80 pounds very comfortably. Cant find now which forum it was on I just googled reviews on the horn hunter full curl. I will be my next pack as I am planning a back country hunt myself and need something like this my only thought is I am a small guy(5'9" 140lbs.) I hope the frame fits me comfortably. Or wish I had the money to get a mystery ranch that is built to ur specific size.
Was it bowsite.com ?

shanehamblin

Apr 9, 2011
ya I believe it was bowsite.com, I also like his set up using the stuff sack to shave the weight. When I order mine I believe I will order the meat sack and use it the same way this guy did. Looks like an awesome pack tho cant wait to put it to the test and stuff a whole coues deer in this thing..... Hopefully 100"+ haha.