Headed Out For A Ten Day Trip

ElkTrout

Veteran member
Feb 2, 2012
Parker, CO
Headed into the woods for ten days for elk and deer! Me and the wife and some great friends! Hope to have some stories and picks when I return. Best of luck to you all! Safe hunting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ElkTrout

Veteran member
Feb 2, 2012
Parker, CO
So just got back tonight from our trip! It was a great time and very successful. We hunted an OTC unit in CO. It was a season of firsts for many in our group. One of my friends sons connected on a bull 3 days into the trip. He was very excited.

This was his first bull ever.
One of my good hunting buddies that I have hunted with for a long time took his first bull a couple days later. Heck of a bull for his first. He hunted for ten years before making it happen!

The next day I set out with my wife after we got some new snow over night. Right at first light we spotted some elk headed our way out of the private that borders the public we hunt. The elk worked there way all the way to us only to bed down about 300 yards from us still on the private. We sat and watched these elk for about 8 hours. Right before dark they got up and began to feed our way. My wife was able to make a great shot at about 150 yards and connect on her first elk ever!

I was able to sit right next to her and watch the whole thing unfold! It was such an awesome experience and I am so proud of her. It is not easy to sit on a hill side in freezing temps waiting for it to happen. She did amazing. It was a great, safe trip and I can't wait until next year!

CoHiCntry

Veteran member
Mar 31, 2011
Colorado Mountains
Looks like a great trip full of firsts! Watching friends and family take animals is just as exciting as your own (almost :p). I took my friends 15 year old son on his first deer hunt and he got one yesterday too.

ElkTrout

Veteran member
Feb 2, 2012
Parker, CO
Looks like a great trip full of firsts! Watching friends and family take animals is just as exciting as your own (almost :p). I took my friends 15 year old son on his first deer hunt and he got one yesterday too.
Congrats on the deer! You are so right! I don't know who was more excited, me or my wife!

AKaviator

Veteran member
Jul 26, 2012
Congratulations to all of you and thanks for sharing with us. Some mighty fine looking first bulls there!!

Matthoek21

Veteran member
Mar 18, 2011
Peachtree City, GA.
Awesome pictures! Those will be memories cherished for a long time...remember the 10 day trip in 2015, we slayed em...congrats again. Will make for really cool future campfire stories.