habitat stamp question - points only

brushcreek

Apr 4, 2013
Arkansas
guys I will be applying for points only via credit card for elk, deer, and pronghorn (non-resident). i will also mail in applications for moose and sheep via paper. Do I have to pay the $10 habitat stamp fee for each species?

brushcreek

Apr 4, 2013
Arkansas
No it is one stamp for the whole year April 1, 2016-March 31, 2017.
ok I may have paid to much I paid $10 on the online application for elk/deer/pronghorn and then $10 each for moose and sheep.
i was afraid they would get rejected.

Extractor

Jun 7, 2015
Appleton, Wisconsin
They will only charge you once for the habitat stamp, the remaining 10 dollar charges will be refunded. I always send 10 dollars with each app because if the first app you send isn't the one with the stamp fee.....might see the circular file. Whats the big deal about adding 10 bucks to each app, with the kids, I sent Colorado a 22,500.00 three month loan.

Horniac

Jul 14, 2011
NorCal
They will only charge you once for the habitat stamp, the remaining 10 dollar charges will be refunded. I always send 10 dollars with each app because if the first app you send isn't the one with the stamp fee.....might see the circular file. Whats the big deal about adding 10 bucks to each app, with the kids, I sent Colorado a 22,500.00 three month loan.
As a NR, the way I do it is to first apply on-line for elk, deer, and antelope and buy the $10 habitat stamp at that time. Then, once that is done, I put my sheep, moose, and mountain goat apps in the mail as NR's are ineligible to do these species on-line anyway. I don't add the $10 stamp fee for each mail-in app because I already have proof of purchase of the stamp on my Internet application receipt. Though I assume the stamp is instantly posted to your account, this gives you a three or four day lag on the delivery of the mailed in apps depending on the speed of the USPS, not to mention the additional amount of time it takes CO to open and process your apps. In my experience it usually takes a couple of weeks before CO cashes my mailed in applications...

Horniac