Gun Confiscation!

buckbull

Veteran member
Jun 20, 2011
Holy crap guys! We better start donating a bunch of money to the NRA so that Wayne can buy a few more $10,000 suits to fight this injustice!

• Haha
Reactions: Gr8bawana

Rich M

Very Active Member
Oct 16, 2012
Did you read the article or whatever it is?

Curious as to what it is about.

buckbull

Veteran member
Jun 20, 2011
Just the typical NRA emails I get daily trying to get more dollars for Wayne's suits and vacations. The fact that Wayne is going to receive the salary he makes when he retires is infuriating. The reasons are always the same.
1. Biden is coming into your home to take your guns.
2. Only way to stop Biden is to send the NRA money.
3. They will send you some cheap gift made in China for your donation.

If you are a Republican, I don't think you have much to worry about in the mid-term elections.

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
I am an Endowment Life Member of the NRA (have been for over 60 years). I believe they are the only ones with enough clout to really influence elected officials......but I do believe that they have gotten off message. I donate to their non political, nonprofit programs for education, assisting local gun ranges and gun clubs. I have donated to the Eddie Eagle education program since it was began over 50 years ago.
The NRA is not the same organization I joined when I was 18. The lobbying part of it is all about raising money, not creating and providing programs to assist local shooters and gun enthusiasts.

NUFF SAID.....................

BuzzH

Very Active Member
Apr 15, 2015
The question becomes, do you actually want the NRA to be influencing politics with their us vs. them style, you're either 100% with us or you're against us branding?

I don't live in world that is cut and dried, nobody does. But in the NRA's world, there is nothing in between and that's dangerous.

Combine that with the way they target certain classes of people and vilify them, as well as them being wayyyy off on hunting issues, its an easy pass for me...not buying what they're selling.

I'm 100% in favor of gun ownership and the 2nd, in favor of things like hunters safety, funding gun ranges, and all the valuable things they used to concentrate on.

I just can't check my conscience and brain at the door on the rest...

Reactions: Gr8bawana

BuzzH

Very Active Member
Apr 15, 2015
Yeah, but you gotta do SOMETHING to help.
On average, 56% of hunters are NOT registered to vote!!! In some states, 70% are not registered to vote (Texas IIRC). Pitiful. Imagine if those 70% voted.
We should all be more active, politically and economically. We should be urging hunting buddies to do the same. If not, we are going to wake up one morning and be criminals for owning a firearm... soon.
Many hunting sights disallow political forums. WHAT?!!! Although people get passionate about politics, if we hide our heads in the sand we will suffer dire consequences.
If, and that's a big "if" those registered voters were informed, yes. If they get their politics through memes, instagram, bumper stickers and facebook, I would rather they stay unregistered.

Is this a good place to mention that a majority of adults in the US read and comprehend at a sixth grade level? Or that 70% of people haven't read a book in the past year?

I think it is.

To correctly influence change its not simply about quantity of voters, but also quality...and if you're feeling like you have to do something, it has to be something worthwhile.

Rich M

Very Active Member
Oct 16, 2012
I see the nra and a few other groups as being pro 2nd amendment and democrats, blm, antifa, and all those left wing groups as anti-gun.

the easiest way to fight them all is to stand firm. You give a little here and they take it, a little there and they take it, meanwhile they give absolutely nothing back. Cant give an inch.

wish the NRA was back on track. Also wish so many sportsmen and gun owners werent kicking them in the nads either. Lots of shallow vision there and we’ll end up paying for it at some point.

you dont try to take down your prize fighter til you replace him first. You want someone else, get them up to strength and let em loose.

Reactions: gonhunting247

BuzzH

Very Active Member
Apr 15, 2015
I see the nra and a few other groups as being pro 2nd amendment and democrats, blm, antifa, and all those left wing groups as anti-gun.

the easiest way to fight them all is to stand firm. You give a little here and they take it, a little there and they take it, meanwhile they give absolutely nothing back. Cant give an inch.

wish the NRA was back on track. Also wish so many sportsmen and gun owners werent kicking them in the nads either. Lots of shallow vision there and we’ll end up paying for it at some point.

you dont try to take down your prize fighter til you replace him first. You want someone else, get them up to strength and let em loose.
I disagree.

The evil D's that you say never give anything is false. Obama signed legislation to expand gun rights, including allowing carrying firearms in National Parks and also allowing transportation of firearms on railways.

Ever heard of the Brady Bill or Mulford Act and who supported those? Yeah, uncle Ronnie.

The problem the NRA is having is that their binary world view is crumbling around them and finally, even their own membership is catching on to their need to create villains and peddle fear to raise money.

Money that is being squandered by their leadership to buy 10K suits, housing for interns, rolex watches, and huge expense accounts.

In other words, the problems the NRA is having are self-inflicted and they need to be kicked in the teeth, particularly hard by those that have supported something they aren't receiving benefit from.

The NRA has huge problems and when I see long time supporters like Colorado Cowboy, who invested his money in the good things the NRA has done in the past, being turned into something way different today (and not for the better), I pay attention. Ardent supporters like him have the absolute right to be critical of what it's become and also, IMO, if the NRA continues to poo-poo feedback from folks like him, they're not long for the world. Its not smart to ignore your long-term membership, and they are, and have been for wayyyy too long.

The sad part is Wayne would rather burn in it all down for another 10K suit than try to make amends and fix it. I have zero sympathy and zero tolerance for that kind of "leadership". Doing the right thing, even at your own peril to further the mission, is the sign of a leader...Wayne is not anything close to that.

Exactly why people are not supporting the NRA, exactly why they filed bankruptcy and why they are going to have a hard time earning trust and credibility moving forward. You reap what you sow.

Rich M

Very Active Member
Oct 16, 2012
I disagree.

The evil D's that you say never give anything is false. Obama signed legislation to expand gun rights, including allowing carrying firearms in National Parks and also allowing transportation of firearms on railways.

Ever heard of the Brady Bill or Mulford Act and who supported those? Yeah, uncle Ronnie.

The problem the NRA is having is that their binary world view is crumbling around them and finally, even their own membership is catching on to their need to create villains and peddle fear to raise money.

Money that is being squandered by their leadership to buy 10K suits, housing for interns, rolex watches, and huge expense accounts.

In other words, the problems the NRA is having are self-inflicted and they need to be kicked in the teeth, particularly hard by those that have supported something they aren't receiving benefit from.

The NRA has huge problems and when I see long time supporters like Colorado Cowboy, who invested his money in the good things the NRA has done in the past, being turned into something way different today (and not for the better), I pay attention. Ardent supporters like him have the absolute right to be critical of what it's become and also, IMO, if the NRA continues to poo-poo feedback from folks like him, they're not long for the world. Its not smart to ignore your long-term membership, and they are, and have been for wayyyy too long.

The sad part is Wayne would rather burn in it all down for another 10K suit than try to make amends and fix it. I have zero sympathy and zero tolerance for that kind of "leadership". Doing the right thing, even at your own peril to further the mission, is the sign of a leader...Wayne is not anything close to that.

Exactly why people are not supporting the NRA, exactly why they filed bankruptcy and why they are going to have a hard time earning trust and credibility moving forward. You reap what you sow.
Very good response.

Wayne once said that he had to have a do-or-die message or folks wouldn't listen. I remember that.

I'm a lifer. Prefer to keep things simple since I work too much.

Have a very simple litmus test. Seems like during the pre-"attack the NRA" days, when there was a shooting, the NRA was there. That's all i worried about - representation and someone standing up for my rights.

That's my simplistic approach to all the gun organizations (most of which I've never heard of) - either they are actively in front of the people or they are not. Not seeing that these days - not from anyone. Might be media suppression.

manitou1

Mar 21, 2017
United States
If, and that's a big "if" those registered voters were informed, yes. If they get their politics through memes, instagram, bumper stickers and facebook, I would rather they stay unregistered.

Is this a good place to mention that a majority of adults in the US read and comprehend at a sixth grade level? Or that 70% of people haven't read a book in the past year?

I think it is.

To correctly influence change its not simply about quantity of voters, but also quality...and if you're feeling like you have to do something, it has to be something worthwhile.
I would venture to say that by far, the vast majority of hunters would vote along the lines that I do.
100% of my hunting friends would.

Reactions: shootbrownelk

Turbodude

Oct 17, 2017
Red side of Ca
Very good response.

Wayne once said that he had to have a do-or-die message or folks wouldn't listen. I remember that.

I'm a lifer. Prefer to keep things simple since I work too much.

Have a very simple litmus test. Seems like during the pre-"attack the NRA" days, when there was a shooting, the NRA was there. That's all i worried about - representation and someone standing up for my rights.

That's my simplistic approach to all the gun organizations (most of which I've never heard of) - either they are actively in front of the people or they are not. Not seeing that these days - not from anyone. Might be media suppression.
I agree with your reply but the new evil D’s under OBiden is very different and changing that. Their 1st attempt to appoint Chipman to head the ATF was a clear sign he would go after our guns. His next upcoming choice isn’t any better. So pick your poisons. I would rather risk my contribution to the NRA than anyone else

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
From what I heard this shooting was random after the perp had a problem with a family member and was being chased by the cops when something happened to his vehicle and he then ran into the school and started shooting.

But this will again start the talks of gun and magazine bans and a 100% background check for all gun sales along with regrestration of all firearms.

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
Just the typical NRA emails I get daily trying to get more dollars for Wayne's suits and vacations. The fact that Wayne is going to receive the salary he makes when he retires is infuriating. The reasons are always the same.
1. Biden is coming into your home to take your guns.
2. Only way to stop Biden is to send the NRA money.
3. They will send you some cheap gift made in China for your donation.

If you are a Republican, I don't think you have much to worry about in the mid-term elections.
don't be so sure . elections are stolen theses days and the media is on board with it.

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
Yeah, but you gotta do SOMETHING to help.
On average, 56% of hunters are NOT registered to vote!!! In some states, 70% are not registered to vote (Texas IIRC). Pitiful. Imagine if those 70% voted.
We should all be more active, politically and economically. We should be urging hunting buddies to do the same. If not, we are going to wake up one morning and be criminals for owning a firearm... soon.
Many hunting sights disallow political forums. WHAT?!!! Although people get passionate about politics, if we hide our heads in the sand we will suffer dire consequences.
we already did and already are.
I believe we are well past ever being able to do anything good politically . a generation or two will now have to suffer before some semblance of sanity is restored.

and it serves us right ! we sowed it(or at the very least allowed it) now reap it!

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
it is my firm belief that ANYONE who is still voting democrat is vile scum. anyone!

that said , just because I despise ALL democrats and believe they represent every despicable thing known to mankind does not mean I shouldn't hold those on my side accountable when they are crooked.
those who do less may as well be a democrat!

I am just speaking plain because I am a straight shooter and speak my thoughts . I miss the days when folks could do that.
those who are offended by this are not and never could be my friend anyhow. and I certainly don't care who agrees or doesn't. the time for caring about such trivial things past many many years ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: manitou1 and Rich M

BuzzH

Very Active Member
Apr 15, 2015
From what I heard this shooting was random after the perp had a problem with a family member and was being chased by the cops when something happened to his vehicle and he then ran into the school and started shooting.

But this will again start the talks of gun and magazine bans and a 100% background check for all gun sales along with regrestration of all firearms.
And it will continue to be nothing but talk.

We live in a society that places high value on firearms, easy access to firearms, with no stomach to put any of the things you mentioned in place. Nothing will change, no new laws will be passed.

I'm fine with that, and have come to accept the fact that school shootings and other mass murder committed by firearms is just part of the deal. I expect it to continue and only hope its not someone I know or someone in my family that are the next victims.

The only answer is to build more caskets, arrange more funerals, and bury the dead.

Reactions: shootbrownelk

BuzzH

Very Active Member
Apr 15, 2015
One answer to school shootings is cameras, locked doors, metal detectors and security guards... but man, that's too expensive. How could we afford to send billiosns of $$ to other countries if we waste it on our children's safety?
There's lots of politicians that are not in favor of funding education, check their voting records.

Same way that finding money for a 20 year war in the Middle East was never a concern or any kind of problem. Education, mental health, taking care of the homeless, welfare programs, affordable health care? Yeah, sorry, we just don't have the funds and we have to worry about how that's going to impact the deficit and federal budget.

Never changes because we don't demand it, and we vote for a team, not policy.