Grouse Tail

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
Stopped by the taxidermist today and got one of my 2 things back from my Canadian hunting trip. I was very pleased looks great on the wall at home.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jdd2035

Prerylyon

Veteran member
Apr 25, 2016
Cedar Rapids, IA
Very Nice! Looks like a red phase bird; now, you need to go shoot a grey and chocolate phase to finish decorating your man cave...[emoji38]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

Reactions: marcusvdk

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
Very Nice! Looks like a red phase bird; now, you need to go shoot a grey and chocolate phase to finish decorating your man cave...[emoji38]

All 3 of my dads birds were grey phase

Prerylyon

Veteran member
Apr 25, 2016
Cedar Rapids, IA
Its pretty kewl how they come in different colors. I think I read some different theories over the years as why some seasons/year favored certain color phases over others. The red phase is my favorite!-though they all taste the same! lol [emoji6]

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
Its pretty kewl how they come in different colors. I think I read some different theories over the years as why some seasons/year favored certain color phases over others. The red phase is my favorite!-though they all taste the same! lol [emoji6]

Yeah our guide for our hunt couldn't really tell us either why they had different colors. But he should us a really easy way to clean them in like 5 seconds. And they were very good eating