Grizzly delisting, will it ever happen?

KHSRanger23

Apr 14, 2016
Utah

I think Wyoming(also Idaho and Montana) have a good plan in place based on facts and data.

While the federal organizations involved continue to try and function within their ineffective bureaucracy which produces no results. Then you throw in the random environmental groups and their lawsuits to make this a process with no logical conclusion any time soon.

Frustrating bureaucratic nonsense at its best it seems.

Reactions: Ikeepitcold

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
it will eventually happen, but it will take millions in lawsuits before it does. same as the wolves.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
I wouldn't hold my breath.

It appears that the anti's are getting stronger every day. They support their cause with not only their voices but their checkbooks.

One only needs to look at the wolf situation here in Colorado. If they hadn't won in 2020 they would of had it back on the ballot in 2022, 2024, 2026 or until it was passed. They did the same thing with MJ. It was on the ballot a number of times before it finally passed.

The biggest problem is that hunters are not united in the causes that they should be united in. They bicker amongst themselves thinking that what are a few grizzly's going to affect. The same with firearm bans. There are a lot of hunters out there that could care less if a so called assault weapon ban goes into effect. They think that as long as they have their rifles and shotguns then everything will be fine. And most of the time it is.

It is no different than the gun laws that the liberals are pushing here in Colorado. Most can wait for the 3 days before they are able to purchase a firearm after their background check goes through. They think that the firearm manufactures should be held libel for what a perp does with that handgun, rifle, shotgun, or whatever they use to commit a crime with.

If you look at the laws on the books everything a mass shooter does is already against the laws of all the states, but it doesn't stop them. and neither will new laws.

Grizzles are no different, look at what the majority of the population up in British Colombia got passed into law. Before the law there was a hunt-able population of them but they still got the ban passed.