Great socks!!

25contender

Veteran member
Mar 20, 2013
Hey everyone. I have tried many different socks over the years. For the past 4 years I have strictly been wearing the Bridgedale Men's Merino Hiker Socks. By far the best boot socks I have tried. Give them a try you and your feet will really like them. They fit great and do not slip or stretch out like many other socks I have tried. Mark

Slugz

Veteran member
Oct 12, 2014
Woodland Park, Colorado
Oh how time changes everything. When we were younger our mothers got us socks and we were like " ugh socks again" .........now we are like "oh cool those look like good socks "........and get down right excited about them.��

25contender

Veteran member
Mar 20, 2013
Haa Tough finding socks that wont creep, fall, stretch, slide, ETC!! Finally some that really work well with my Lowas!!

bdan68

Nov 13, 2013
Rochester, Washington
Never mind. I found some on Sierra Trading Post and ordered eight pair. Four were mid-weight and four heavyweight. Thanks again. Really been needing some good hunting socks.

25contender

Veteran member
Mar 20, 2013
Let me know what you think of them after you try them. I bought mine on amazon as no one local had them.

raspy

Apr 15, 2016
ND
Duluth trading post has excellent merino wool socks as well. No slip or stretch and wear like a Cadillac.

Ikeepitcold

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 22, 2011
Reno Nv
I’ve been wearing Darn Tough socks for awhile and really like them. I’ll have to give these a try

conibear

Oct 15, 2017
I’ve been wearing Darn Tough socks for awhile and really like them. I’ll have to give these a try
+1 for Darn Tough

Excellent materials, fit and finish, with a lifetime warranty and they honour it. Great American manufacturer.

CODAK

Aug 8, 2016
Johnstown, CO
Darn tough is where it is at, lots of different style and weights. Plus, the lucky elk pattern socks are a go to for killing a big bull :D

25contender

Veteran member
Mar 20, 2013
I have tried the darn tough and like the Bridgedales better. My darn tough never lasted more than a season.

taskswap

Very Active Member
Jul 9, 2018
Colorado
They may not be all that "interesting" but I've actually had really good luck with the grey socks Cabela's usually puts on sale a few times a year in multi-packs. I don't know what exact "type" they are, they're just the cheap generic ones, light grey with a darker grey top stripe. They're not fancy padded or merino wool ones but they're light, very comfortable, and long enough for even the tallest boots and longest feet. (I have trouble with short socks - I wear a size 12.5.) I bought my first bunch 3-4 years ago and buy another pack each year or so.

When I'm hiking I always bring a change of socks and ALWAYS change them at lunchtime. On a long hike it's amazing how much better you feel when you get back to the truck if you haven't been in the same pair all day long...

Catahoula12

Very Active Member
Apr 26, 2013
Colorado, was Az.
I’ve stuck with SmartWool’s for years for hunting, fishing and skiing. Seem to work well with my feet. I’ve heard good thoughts about Darn Tough but never have been on my feet.

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
just got a couple pair of the darn socks . just now slipped em on and gotta say ,so far pretty comfy.