Gps ???

gman1

Nov 29, 2011
North Dakota
I am going to purchase a Garmin Dakota but am having a question on if I should purchase the 10 or 20? I need some opinions on which one would serve me better. I hunt and fish but do not do any of the geo stuff! Any assistance would be appreciated and thank you and MerryChristmas.

gman

gman1

Nov 29, 2011
North Dakota
I also looked at the etrex 20 and need to do some more research on that. Looks like it is between the dakota 20 and etrex 20. Anyone with some suggestions on what I should buy would be appreciated as I am lets say , challenged when it come to this tech stuff :)

gman

Murdy

Dec 13, 2011
North-Central Illinois
Not sure what you are looking on spending, but the Oregon line is way on sale at several places right now (Cabelas, Amazon), depending on the model, might be comparable money.

gman1

Nov 29, 2011
North Dakota
Does the Oregon have road and streets mapping if I want to use it for driving and can I put in an address and have it go to that location? Thanks for your assistance. MerryChristmas

gary

Bitterroot Bulls

Veteran member
Apr 25, 2011
Montana
Does the Oregon have road and streets mapping if I want to use it for driving and can I put in an address and have it go to that location? Thanks for your assistance. MerryChristmas

gary

The Oregon 450 and 450t will do Turn by Turn directions, if you put the device in the automotive mode and have a compatible map installed (Like Garmin's City Navigator map).

Last edited:

300 shortmag

Oct 29, 2012
Cabelas has the Garmin Oregon 550T on sale for $249.99 This model has all the bells and whistles including camera,topo map and 3 axis compas It is the top of line Oregon. I ordered one from Cabelas on line web site.This sale started Thrsday and ends soon and is a super buy. Hope this info helps someone. John

turk870

Dec 22, 2012
tn
ive got the 440t.love it the only downfall is battrie life,you will have to carry an extra set with you every day.it will go through a set a day if left on while hikeing.

Musket Man

Veteran member
Jul 20, 2011
colfax, wa
Sure glad I read this post! I ordered a Garmin Oregon 450T from cabelas today. With the sale, a $20 off coupon, the cabelas points I got from it and free in store pickup I got it out the door for $240 including tax!! Reg price is $499